Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 07:52 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,937,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
It'd be better if they had legalized heroin. It doesn't smell like crap.

I'm not joking.
Umm, I'll take your word for it? Other smells are much more offensive, like the Purina plant or the heavy cattle smell before it snows. At least wafting marijuana smoke goes away quickly, plus it doesn't come with the much higher societal and personal costs associated with heroin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 08:03 PM

1,424 posts, read 1,937,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurManby View Post
Definitely agree on that bartonizer - all of it. I over exaggerate 'every street corner'. Maybe every other. Ha!

I totally agree with the principal and no you aren't going to smell it, generally. However, we live in an area with swamp coolers. My neighbor (moved) was a chronic, 7:20 -7:20 and all :20's in between. Plenty of battles on who's rights were more important - his use or us having to smell his use. Luckily, I also have central air.

Aside from the personal rights perspective (which we totally agree on - what you do in your own home is your business), the taxation thing really annoys me. As a non-user (ex), I probably would have voted pro if I didn't see what was happening first hand with MedMJ being wholesaled onto the streets (I know a guy who is paying his mortgage with this scam - probably sells to minors too). Maybe this is the 'tarnish' I'm actually resenting - getting roshambo'd by our representatives isn't exactly enhancing CO's reputation, especially other non-users looking to move here.

Nice discussion - have a good one!
Yep, good discussion. I know what you're saying- and agree that the state sends conflicting messages- in a way, it encourages black market sales through its tax structure, and by having ways to sidestep paying the taxes. Basically, having a medical card is like having a deep discount card, and many use the personal allotment for growing as a a way to make money on the side. Interestingly enough, WA's system is totally different and takes those loopholes into account- a middleman is required, and growers are completely separated from retail. I'm not into the scene, but it seems like there are a lot more controls in place.

It will be interesting to watch how the rules evolve over time, that's for sure.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:36 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Tarnished. Generally I have nothing but disdain for potheads. There are a few exceptions.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:58 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I would say I have always found Colorado, to be one of the most beautiful states. Other than that I think Colorado and the rest of the USA, have much more pressing matters than Pot. Matters and serious problems that are neglected, and just plain not dealth with. Yet Pot seems to make it to the top of the list. Seems very strange and I'm sure the world wondered, let alone other Americans. Still if I wanted to visit Colorado I would and all the business about Pot, would make absolutely no difference to me.

Old 01-13-2015, 10:20 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,889,927 times
Yes. I perceive Colorado to be another Asheville- An overhyped yuppie paradise. I have no interest in ever visiting again.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,528,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Tarnished. Generally I have nothing but disdain for potheads. There are a few exceptions.
Do you listen to music?

Old 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM

645 posts, read 835,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Do you listen to music?
I guess the exceptions would be musicians!

Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecarebear View Post
Yes. I perceive Colorado to be another Asheville- An overhyped yuppie paradise. I have no interest in ever visiting again.
Sounds like a rant from another envious; physically and geographically unattractive, thanks for playing.

Last edited by Scott5280; 01-13-2015 at 10:08 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 10:54 PM

152 posts, read 142,603 times
That's the beauty of 'the experiments of the states'...we can see Colorado benefiting
and growing a huge base of young, idealistic and smart young people, and perhaps,
some of the other states will learn from this and take it to heart.

For, as a wise woman once said, "I believe the children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside. Give them a sense of pride to make it easier. Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be!"

Old 01-13-2015, 11:03 PM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I would say definitely enhanced. It gives Colorado global fame beyond "mountains and ski slopes", and even for those who don't use cannabis (like myself), the state is a draw for being open-minded enough to make the legal leap which should've happened long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.