Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM

1,485 posts, read 2,251,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThingsLikeThat View Post
It would actually be very interesting to see something like that.

Umm, no? I couldn't care less where democrats or republicans live. In the end it doesn't make a damn to me whether the U.S. government chooses to stay united as we know it today, or whether it decides to make the correct choice and separate, because in a year tops I'm out of here.

My attitude is just fine. And the 250 years of "shared" history isn't something that every American feels proud to be apart of.... But I see that you have your European glasses on and they're adjusted well, and so there's no point of elaborating on my views as it would be as though I'm talking to a brick wall.
Okay mister tough guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 09:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:

Umm, no? I couldn't care less where democrats or republicans live. In the end it doesn't make a damn to me whether the U.S. government chooses to stay united as we know it today, or whether it decides to make the correct choice and separate, because in a year tops I'm out of here.

So whats the point of the topic if you are leaving anyway?
And where you going?

Old 02-20-2015, 09:26 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
hell no.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:32 AM

267 posts, read 303,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
So whats the point of the topic if you are leaving anyway?
And where you going?
I started this topic because I was curious about other peoples opinion. I'm leaving America, as I've already stated.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:33 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
Yeah...DC... and then the rest of us.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:39 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,401,825 times
Abraham Lincoln might wake up and start kicking some ass out here again, if anyone tried to ever break up the union another time, so forget about it.

This country should learn from its dumb mistakes and not do stupid things twice.

Old 02-20-2015, 10:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
I started this topic because I was curious about other peoples opinion. I'm leaving America, as I've already stated.
OK i think its a daft idea.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:35 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times
It is perfectly fine the way it is. Here on CD it seems a vocal few feel our country is separate cultures and doesn't belong together. Nothing can be further from the truth.

We are all more similar then different. Yes, there are small differences of local culture depending on what part your in but overall we are more similar then different. The northeast needs the south. The south needs the north. The west needs the east. The east needs the west. Both coasts need the plains. All the old people need FL . Our rural areas need our cities and our big cities need our rural areas. Together, we are pretty powerful but separate us and just see how long it takes until some wacko run s#!thole decides to invade. Piece by piece.

And whenever something like this is brought up in regards to a few feeling we are totally separate and disconnected from each other I think of 9/11 and though that was an attack on NYC and DC everyone in our whole country felt it was an attack on OUR city, OUR capital, OUR country. Many people from parts of the country far away from NY who would never think of visiting that city joined up and wanted to take that POS out that brought an attack on OUR city/country. We are a lot more united then a few on these forums believe!

Old 02-20-2015, 03:18 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,389,117 times
Quote:
You're the one who stated that it was tried in 1861, I was simply stating that it's 2015 now and the U.S. has changed a lot since the 1800's. So just because it didn't work then doesn't mean that it can't work now.
That's called a historical precedent. Much of the Supreme Court's decisions come from it.

Old 02-21-2015, 06:58 AM

267 posts, read 303,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It is perfectly fine the way it is. Here on CD it seems a vocal few feel our country is separate cultures and doesn't belong together. Nothing can be further from the truth.

We are all more similar then different. Yes, there are small differences of local culture depending on what part your in but overall we are more similar then different. The northeast needs the south. The south needs the north. The west needs the east. The east needs the west. Both coasts need the plains. All the old people need FL . Our rural areas need our cities and our big cities need our rural areas. Together, we are pretty powerful but separate us and just see how long it takes until some wacko run s#!thole decides to invade. Piece by piece.

And whenever something like this is brought up in regards to a few feeling we are totally separate and disconnected from each other I think of 9/11 and though that was an attack on NYC and DC everyone in our whole country felt it was an attack on OUR city, OUR capital, OUR country. Many people from parts of the country far away from NY who would never think of visiting that city joined up and wanted to take that POS out that brought an attack on OUR city/country. We are a lot more united then a few on these forums believe!
This is the type of delusional thinking that makes me want to vomit. No, not all of us felt that they attacked our city, our capital, our country... Some of us felt that it was an inside job that was designed to get the average American behind this fake war. After all, they couldn't tell the truth and just come out and say that they're going over there to steal their resources and gain political control, so they had to make it seem as though they attacked the U.S. first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.