Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 04:53 PM

867 posts, read 1,397,999 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^ Im not surprised, as I already knew their stories... it means nothing...Im sure you could find European Jewish folks flying a Nazi flag and some random redneck with a Black Panther or Pan African flag.

Like I said yall all white to me. Nice attempt though. Sike.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:54 PM

867 posts, read 1,397,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
That's what I thought. Brilliant reply.
To be fair...you asked.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:57 PM

549 posts, read 722,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
^^^^^^ Im not surprised, as I already knew their stories... it means nothing...Im sure you could find European Jewish folks flying a Nazi flag and some random redneck with a Black Panther or Pan African flag.

If it walks like a duck...

Old 03-22-2015, 05:17 PM

Let me clarify my "walks like a duck..." statement so as not to leave anyone guessing my meaning.

Regardless of what flag, symbol, clothing or colors you choose to fly, if you behave like an ________. Chances are, that's what you are. If you happen to be black and support flying of the flag, or white and support the Black Panthers, that doesn't make you an idiot although by association chances are good that you are.

However there are plenty of exceptions to the rule. In modern society it's often easiest to paint with the largest brush we can find, even if it's wrong.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:46 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,351,798 times
Quote:

.......?

Old 03-23-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
...Like I said yall all white to me. Nice attempt though. Sike.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:47 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
=Who Dat;38916856]If it walks like a duck...
Well, to be fair (again) you are living proof of that!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:52 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,608,184 times
Quote:
=Who Dat;38917072]Let me clarify my "walks like a duck..." statement so as not to leave anyone guessing my meaning.

Regardless of what flag, symbol, clothing or colors you choose to fly, if you behave like an ________. Chances are, that's what you are. If you happen to be black and support flying of the flag, or white and support the Black Panthers, that doesn't make you an idiot although by association chances are good that you are.

However there are plenty of exceptions to the rule. In modern society it's often easiest to paint with the largest brush we can find, even if it's wrong.
Then why don't you live by that "wisdom"?. I am from the South and a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. I am proud of my Southern/Confederate heritage. It has nothing to do with "racism" (whatever that means anymore, anyway), but pride in that heritage and of the fighting spirits of my ancestors. Personally, I get disgusted when I see the skin and cone-heads using it. Just as I get disgusted when I see people assuming anyone displaying/flying it must be using it for negative reasons. So if the shoe fits, wear it.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Well, to be fair (again) you are living proof of that!
Thanks Reb, I try.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Then why don't you live by that "wisdom"?. I am from the South and a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. I am proud of my Southern/Confederate heritage. It has nothing to do with "racism" (whatever that means anymore, anyway), but pride in that heritage and of the fighting spirits of my ancestors. Personally, I get disgusted when I see the skin and cone-heads using it. Just as I get disgusted when I see people assuming anyone displaying/flying it must be using it for negative reasons. So if the shoe fits, wear it.
That's exactly what I'm saying. There a far more idiots flying that flag than those flying it or supporting it that aren't idiots. Unfortunately our society paints with a wide brush.

However, to those that know differently it's a slap in the face and yet another obstacle to overcome. Same as stereotyping races or cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.