Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 10:48 AM

678 posts, read 875,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue1987 View Post
It's the same thing in Canada. 9/10 people who have lived in both countries, I'm talking about lived there not viewed the Canada forum, prefer the US. It's like 3 Canadians moving to the US for every Ametican moving north. That is out of a population 1/10 the size of the US and with the stricter US immigration policies!
Well obviously because US has more people, so It's gonna attract more people regardless because people want to go where the work/money is..... It doesn't make it a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
Why do some insist on painting the U.S. as some magical paradise where everyone is rich or something. It's truly mind boggling... Culture in the U.S. is work, work, work some more, work, never travel, and then die.
The assumptions that Canadians have that Americans are living such fantastic lives just beause they have "lower taxes" really blows my mind.
Who are these people?

You can disagree with people all you want but don't make up random crap about our culture, you can live your life how you wish... you don't have to work work work and die and never go on vacation.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:20 PM

65 posts, read 67,663 times
Lol.....no. I've been there several times and wasn't a fan. TBH I don't really like Canada. Except Quebec, they're cool.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM

678 posts, read 875,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Who are these people?

You can disagree with people all you want but don't make up random crap about our culture, you can live your life how you wish... you don't have to work work work and die and never go on vacation.
But its not random its true
My working friends in SF pay 800 + a month to live in a living room.... despite these socalled "higher incomes" in America..
and my dad has cancer, he pays 3k + 1k a month for treatment and medicine. Luckily he has a big savings and is able to live somewhat comfortably. My mom struggles to afford the house and pay for BOTH me and my brother's health insurance which is around 700 a month which is hard with her "high" income of 54k a year.
My brother is an experienced econ grad who's been unemployed for close to a year now.
This is my situation I know, but it's also the same situation for at least 290 million other Americans.
Sorry for the negativity, but where is this magical heavenly paradise that Canadians see as America? I aint seeing it
What I'm saying is that there is death and destruction everywhere and fire will rain down everywhere you go! The world will end

Old 04-01-2015, 05:48 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonwind View Post
But its not random its true
My working friends in SF pay 800 + a month to live in a living room.... despite these socalled "higher incomes" in America..
and my dad has cancer, he pays 3k + 1k a month for treatment and medicine. Luckily he has a big savings and is able to live somewhat comfortably. My mom struggles to afford the house and pay for BOTH me and my brother's health insurance which is around 700 a month which is hard with her "high" income of 54k a year.
My brother is an experienced econ grad who's been unemployed for close to a year now.
This is my situation I know, but it's also the same situation for at least 290 million other Americans.
Sorry for the negativity, but where is this magical heavenly paradise that Canadians see as America? I aint seeing it
What I'm saying is that there is death and destruction everywhere and fire will rain down everywhere you go! The world will end
Uhhhhh is this real ? sorry my sarcasm detector doesn't work today

Old 04-01-2015, 05:57 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,174,202 times
Ladies, calm down. Both countries are great. Both countries have great cities and places to live, as well as absolute ****holes. Just pick which ever rolls with you, and stop imposing your own version of what is best on other people. Chillax, nuff said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.