Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:56 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezzador View Post
Racism is merely a convenient cover-up for classism. This country has always been, and likely always will be, controlled by wealthy, 45+ year old white males. The problem is, too many people of color (most notably African Americans) have been dealt bad hands (read: poverty) since the beginning of life, making it that much more difficult to achieve the American Dream.

And for the love of God, please, please, PLEASE get rid of the "N" word. I don't care who uses it - white, black, or other, but it's a disgusting, ignorant, and extremely disrespectful term and it would do this world some good if its usage went away - term of endearment included.
I've got two of the three categories required to control the country. So can I at least control a state?

As for "the N Word," the fact that it's referred to as "the N Word" instead of its actual word is an indication to me that our society has banished it from polite company. And yet, its use lives on, in part by the very people against whom it has been used. To me, it's more than a little hypocritical to regularly use a certain word to describe a certain group of people, and then get all indignant when someone else uses it in the same way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
Nobody feels sorry for your little pitiful, delicate feelings. I could see if you really had a case for complaining but clearly, this is little, minor stuff. Go wash your face or something.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:50 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
I wouldn't shed a tear if I never heard the 'N-word' ever again, but I'll be damned if our country starts banning words.

How else am I going to know who is an idiot not worth a moment of my time if you start banning words like the 'N-word'?

Political Correctness is such a good smokescreen for racists and other bigots I can't abide it.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:43 AM

8,624 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I agree that it has gotten out of hand, with the things people are offended about today involving race. I don't know when it happened or why but people are more sensitive than ever, ridiculously so. It seems being offended about everything and anything - race related or not - has become popular and mainstream. I like to call some people the "professionally" or "perpetually" offended.
This country has become a nation of victims. Many want a piece of their 15 minutes of fame, but want to do little to actually earn it while blaming others for their misfortunes and not taking responsibility for their own actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.