Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 10:08 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times

Advertisements

Become an illegal alien, or a Jihad sympathizer. Our benevolent president will give you all the welfare you can handle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2015, 11:30 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Become an illegal alien, or a Jihad sympathizer. Our benevolent president will give you all the welfare you can handle.
I didn't think of this! There you go OP. That'll get you out of Mommy's basement.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:50 PM

149 posts, read 207,020 times
wow thats pretty harsh from Robert. But in european countries isnt welfare a lot more common, and people dont have to be slaves to society like in america? I guess robert is very americanized and loves incarceration and people being enslaved to a job their whole life and everything else. Thats cool robert I'm glad you showed everyone how educated you are. I wouldn't be surprised if you were a racist too.

I'm just really never going to have a job again, and thats not going to change. There will be no buckling up. Whatever, I found out there are some loopholes in SSI and you dont have to have a real issue to get on it, you just have to be considered not employable and have no income... but thats not really fashionable to discuss here I guess. It would be nice if there was a more accessible system of welfare in place. There's really nothing bad about being lazy...it creates less wars when people can live with less will power and stuff and less carbon emissions 4 real

Last edited by transientsalmon; 04-17-2015 at 01:01 PM..

Old 04-17-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
wow thats pretty harsh from Robert.
It's pretty harsh that you expect society at large to support you for the rest of your life. I'm a contributing member of society and pay more money in taxes each year than you've made in your working career. Want to talk about harsh? You need a little harsh in your life. Your mother has coddled you, and you are in for a rude awaking.

From your previous threads, I'm assuming you are a complete troll to be honest. Regardless, I hope you don't get a dime of public assistance.

Old 04-17-2015, 01:19 PM

149 posts, read 207,020 times
I already have a dime of public assistance so your hope for me not getting a dime of public assistance is already crushed. Yes I already have some cash assistance which is helpful but not a long term solution

Old 04-17-2015, 02:04 PM

Yes, you have crushed me with your acceptance of assistance. What will I do? What will I become now that I am thoroughly crushed?

Old 04-17-2015, 02:29 PM

676 posts, read 988,936 times
ironically
prison would be your best choice

free housing
free food
free clothing
no taxes
free leisure

Old 04-17-2015, 02:45 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,962,707 times
You don't want to move to Oregon. People are struggling here. Portland is beyond capacity. I KNOW you would end up homeless, because even a lot of hard working people here are ending up on the street. You'd never be able to afford your own apartment here, trust me, and most roommates have pretty high standards and get annoyed at mess and stuff easily.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post

Edit: One option is always prison. Three square meals and a place to sleep. You might even get lucky and find a boyfriend. The more I think about it, prison may be your best option. It'll keep you off the forum if nothing else.
No offense but that was taking it a little too far!

Old 04-17-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
Whatever, I found out there are some loopholes in SSI and you dont have to have a real issue to get on it, you just have to be considered not employable and have no income... but thats not really fashionable to discuss here I guess. It would be nice if there was a more accessible system of welfare in place. There's really nothing bad about being lazy...it creates less wars when people can live with less will power and stuff and less carbon emissions 4 real
Nope, it's pretty much impossible to get on SSI unless you actually have a disability. I do have a disability (high functioning autism, formerly known as Asperger syndrome) that hinders my ability to work, and it was extremely hard to get on SSI. It took me years to get on it and my parents had to hire a lawyer, I was initially rejected even though I have a diagnosis and have been hospitalized for it twice.

I do work part time as well, BTW. SSI isn't a picnic either, you have to be very diligent about reporting your earnings, changes in your living situation, and so on, and they can take you off it pretty much by whim if they want to. Though it's not usually done you can actually be criminally prosecuted for fraud if you make mistakes, or fail to, report changes.

I think it's pretty ridiculous how much they hound and punish people with disabilities for taking what's really a very small amount of money, but that's how it is. It's like being on probation, I honestly think working retail 15-25 hours a week is LESS of a hassle if you can handle it psychologically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.