Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 05:38 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times

Advertisements

People like Transientsalmon make people who are actually disabled like me look terrible. Do you know how much of a witch hunt there is towards people on government assistance right now? I'm actually at the point where I am fearing for my life because people in America are so hostile towards people with disabilities.

I actually think Transientsalmon is a right wing troll trying to make people who need a bit of help look bad. Don't buy into anything he says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 05:40 AM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
This thread reminds me of the necessity for welfare reform in all 50 states. Each state can have as much of a social safety net which the voters of that state see fit, but IMO any welfare money should be tied to service that the recipient must do to get it. No reason the welfare recipient cannot be picking up trash on the road, cleaning river banks, cutting lawns in city parks etc. People fall on hard times, bad things happen but every honest decent person would be willing to provide a service for the help they get from the taxpayer. If you are not then I say let them fend for themselves. No one is entitled to do nothing, contribute nothing but still expect to eat, have a roof over their heads etc. We all must contribute, and the more we contribute the more perks we get to enjoy like nice living conditions, nice car etc. The great thing about capitalism is that it rewards hard work and contribution, the more we use government to step in to help those who are not working the more we will end up with people sponging off those of us who are productive. This thread (if it is not a troll thread) puts the motivation of many people on welfare on display for us all to see.
No offense but you are just so wrong on so many levels.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
People liransientsalmon make people who are actually disabled like me look terrible. Do you know how much of a witch hunt there is toward on government assistance right now? I'm actually at the point where i am fearing for my life because people in Amecan so hostile towards people with disabilities.

I actually think Transientsalmon is a right wing troll trying to make people who need a bit of help look bad. Don't buyhing he says.
People are not hostile towards those with real disabilities and health issues, its those who are just pure lazy and dont want to work, i know there are many who are on disability who do not need to be. One of our tenants is in his 30s, races go carts, works on cars and is perfectly capable of working but will forever be supported by those who work for a living. Of course it upsets people. I also know of people who actually do have health issues and disabilities that use to work, and work hard.. they are the ones who deserve the help.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:54 PM

149 posts, read 207,138 times
Quote:
I actually think Transientsalmon is a right wing troll trying to make people who need a bit of help look bad. Don't buy into anything he says.
I was just thinking that...I think I'm really a poor elitist who is on par to becoming a homeless aristocrat

Old 04-20-2015, 01:56 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,811 times
I thought you were disabled, but it seems you are just lazy. Please don't move. First change your laziness then move.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM

I don't know if I'm really all that lazy... I think its the society we have created...tons of people, traffic, routines, schedules...theres something on the line, and time is passing by...the earth is heating up and I'm taking a stand as an individual

Old 04-20-2015, 06:25 PM

232 posts, read 237,504 times
Any state that has TANF is going to require you to get training,volunteer or get a job which they will help you with....I mean I HATE working but the OP post beats me out of the water...seriously....just stay where you are OR get a job...and then move.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Any state that has TANF is going to require you to get training,volunteer or get a job which they will help you with....
i already defied that...I've got temporary cash assistance, and there was no question of volunteering or training. I just said I wouldn't take a job, and the discussion pretty much ended there. You just have to be sure of yourself in your refusal to take a job and they can't really argue that. It also helps if you mention that you're considering homelessness as a viable option, because it shows that you really are serious about not working. As long as you're serious you can figure out a way out of the mess

Last edited by transientsalmon; 04-21-2015 at 01:22 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 03:41 AM

my entire life people have been telling me that I'd never get on welfare...that I'll have to work for everything I get in life and strive for success every single day...They said I would never be able to sit around and do nothing all day... It is my mission in life to prove those people wrong. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something or you're not good enough...you can do anything if you are totally serious about it

-transient salmon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5kTObI2Y_s

Last edited by transientsalmon; 04-21-2015 at 03:49 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 AM

422 posts, read 574,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientsalmon View Post
I don't know if I'm really all that lazy... I think its the society we have created...tons of people, traffic, routines, schedules...theres something on the line, and time is passing by...the earth is heating up and I'm taking a stand as an individual
I think willy Wonka said it best...

You LOSE!! You get NOTHING!!!! Good DAY sir!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.