Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:53 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,213,564 times

Advertisements

Eastern Market in DC is always a pleasant experience but RTM definitely did felt bigger and even more crowded.

Haven't been to Union Market yet.

There are other more neighborhood-centric farmers/flea markets in DC but they're smaller and are mainly outdoors along sidewalks, street corners, and street plazas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 11:55 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Chelsea Building
Ferry Building

are better

Old 04-22-2015, 12:01 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Chelsea Building
Ferry Building

are better
Chelsea? No way-even a piece in the NY Times said otherwise.

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...for-new-york/#

"New York … well, the grandest market “we” have is 80 miles away, in Philadelphia. "

Old 04-22-2015, 12:09 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Chelsea Building
Ferry Building

are better
You mean the Ferry building market in SF?

Seriously? I guess you have the slanted door there but to me that is way over rated

While a nice market there I have trouble comparing to the RTM and a no on Chelsea as well

To me the market that does compare well is Pikes in Seattle

Old 04-22-2015, 01:21 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post

And Cleveland's Westside Market, which could even surpass in terms of variety.

Westside Market in Cleveland

Old 04-22-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
And Cleveland's Westside Market, which could even surpass in terms of variety.

Westside Market in Cleveland
I like Westside market was just there a few months ago actually but honestly I think you need to re-visit the RTM if you think it has more variety or even equivalent variety - the one thing Westside does do better IMHO is produce - not a huge gap though with the separate produce specific building. But overall smaller, less variety, and less active/crowded based on my experience. I did have a really good gyro there

that area of Cleveland is interesting though - a nice urban area with pretty decent activity

Old 04-22-2015, 01:36 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Quote:
You mean the Ferry building market in SF?

Seriously? I guess you have the slanted door there but to me that is way over rated

While a nice market there I have trouble comparing to the RTM and a no on Chelsea as well

I agree. While I love San Francisco and will often boost it more than deserved in conversations, the Ferry Building is just OK.

The architecture is beautiful and it's always bustling, but the food options are not my cup of tea at all.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:18 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Quote:
I like Westside market was just there a few months ago actually but honestly I think you need to re-visit the RTM if you think it has more variety or even equivalent variety - the one thing Westside does do better IMHO is produce - not a huge gap though with the separate produce specific building. But overall smaller, less variety, and less active/crowded based on my experience. I did have a really good gyro there

that area of Cleveland is interesting though - a nice urban area with pretty decent activity
I think you could be a little bit blinded by your boosterism to recognize that Westside has as much or more options and better variety. A simple read through of both makes it somewhat evident.

Vendor List Westside Market

Merchants - Reading Terminal Market

Old 04-23-2015, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I think you could be a little bit blinded by your boosterism to recognize that Westside has as much or more options and better variety. A simple read through of both makes it somewhat evident.

Vendor List Westside Market

Merchants - Reading Terminal Market
I have spent time in both this year and disagree

Enjoy both but again based on experience with both this year, disagree

when is the last time you were at these two markets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.