Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 09:45 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,751,945 times

Advertisements

My town is missing alot of other things but it manages to have the county's only strip club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 10:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
Here in Montreal we had a place just up the street from the factory and many of the guys would go there for lunch or supper or just a drink after work, if there were any rules other than the minimum 18yrs old i never saw them.
Cabaret Les Amazones Montreal | clubZone

Old 06-23-2015, 02:34 PM

79 posts, read 112,663 times
Interesting thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone here know the laws about touching during lap dances in your cities?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:44 PM

12,277 posts, read 7,981,692 times
It really didn't matter because outside the city limits and some of the surrounding cities taking their cut of revenue the letter of the law and enforcement priorities were different. 15 years back I could check a strippers review site and sometimes a general mongers site to find out if there was a rail separating you or dancers selling anal sex.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:58 PM

862 posts, read 1,186,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post

All of Virginia is very strict.....while West Virginia is very permissive. Consequently there are seven or eight
nude clubs in the panhandle border area around Martinsburg, WV which has easy, expressway access to several surrounding states.
I used to live in Martinsburg and I do remember all of those nudie clubs even though I had never been inside them myself. Now maybe its different now ( haven't lived in that area since 2007 ) but I do remember hearing about some of those strange rules that the Martinsburg area strip clubs had at the time. One was that some of those places could be quite picky as to whom they would allow in. Back in 2000 my cousin and a group of his buddies were planning on doing the clubs unfortunately the clubs would only admit some of his party inside while the others were not. Of course the bars wouldn't give a reason for that.

Second while women were usually welcome to enter the clubs that featured nude female dancers however when they had male dancers men were not allowed to enter unless they were on the bar's payroll. This came to light in the mid 90s when a nearby Winchester, Virginia radio station ( WFQX-FM 99.3 ) had wanted to sponsor a "night for the ladies" at Gables in Inwood, WV. The male employees of WFQX weren't allowed to get involved and the lone female staff announcer wasn't interested so as a result WFQX cancelled their involvement. Third.."no cigars" !! Back in 2000 when I was working at Martinsburg's WKMZ radio we had planned on doing a cigar social at Gables. A lot of people were interested especially those inside the Martinsburg business community. Gables said no as did Piggys down the road..cigarettes were OK but not cigars. Apparently this "rule" was started by the strip clubs around Martinsburg and then soon afterward adopted by the other clubs in the area.

Old 06-27-2015, 05:03 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,543,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorerman1 View Post
Interesting thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone here know the laws about touching during lap dances in your cities?
For the city of Detroit, lap dances and VIP rooms aren't even permitted. Patrons are not allowed to touch dancers regardless of whether they are fully clothed or topless. Though whether or not strip clubs abide by these rules and whether the city actually enforces them remains to be seen.

Old 12-21-2016, 06:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,294 times
Default No touch?

So does Atlanta have no touch laws? Or can a man take a stripped to the VIP room and easily have sex with her for the right money?

Old 12-21-2016, 10:51 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,207,749 times
Absolutely the most interesting thread on CD in a while. The places one might not think are that risky are. Atlanta, Dallas, Houston. And places like Denver one would think are wild are actually more tame. Virginia as usual is lame. That state is so weird.

Old 12-26-2016, 06:58 AM

3,573 posts, read 2,842,975 times
In Seattle that can't serve liquor. Full nude is OK on stage, can't say for sure but I think they have to keep clothes on for table dances.

There was a bit sting a decade or so ago that shut down few places that were a bit too liberal. Funny thing it also took out some City Council members, all over zoning for additional parking.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:16 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,777,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdover209 View Post
So does Atlanta have no touch laws? Or can a man take a stripped to the VIP room and easily have sex with her for the right money?
For the right $$ you can do anything in Atlanta. In addition to dozens of strip bars, there are spas, massage parlors , baths, video arcades, live modeling (both men and women), seedy motels and more. As a result of all this (or perhaps the cause) ...

Human trafficking brutal and widespread in Georgia
http://www.cbs46.com/story/24425994/...ead-in-georgia

Atlanta ranked No. 1 for sex trafficking
https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch.c...?client=safari
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.