Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 10:59 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,394,298 times

Advertisements

For HS football, I'd put Texas as the #2 state in the country behind Florida, and Georgia as the #4 state behind California. Not sure how the education levels are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 AM

26,826 posts, read 43,300,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonib914 View Post
How hard is it to make the team in either state? I've been researching Katy, TX, which seems to be HUGE, but also very competitive. He has always done well in MD, but after some of my research I'm wondering if it will be "good enough" for Texas? Also, if you haven't been in their system since Pee Wee football, do you get overlooked?
Texas is uber-competitive in most areas in terms of high school football and almost a religion in terms of generational commitment. I would also be concerned with the transplant perspective given it's seen as a birthright there and fitting in might never be an option. I would recommend Georgia as it has the quality minus the super intense involvement, except perhaps in the more rural areas.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:29 AM

92,035 posts, read 122,173,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonib914 View Post
How hard is it to make the team in either state? I've been researching Katy, TX, which seems to be HUGE, but also very competitive. He has always done well in MD, but after some of my research I'm wondering if it will be "good enough" for Texas? Also, if you haven't been in their system since Pee Wee football, do you get overlooked?
This is something to really consider, as he may become lost in the shuffle given how competitive it is to just make the team at many of the schools in both states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.