U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2015, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
8,947 posts, read 5,651,403 times
Reputation: 8472

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
You know, given where you live I am hardly surprised by your immaturity. That type of behavior was rampant throughout Atlanta. But I actually have a lot of good things going for me right now. And the happiness is close is related to my optimism regarding some big plans I have in the Jacksonville area.
Your beyond ridiculous remarks regarding Atlanta have me convinced you've never been here.

Yeah, you're going to do REAL well in Jacksonville.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-28-2015, 08:49 PM
 
6,610 posts, read 7,887,051 times
Reputation: 4186
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Your beyond ridiculous remarks regarding Atlanta have me convinced you've never been here.

Yeah, you're going to do REAL well in Jacksonville.
But happiness is oh-so close! It's so sad to call other people immature while making such wildly immature comments...and then get mad at how people respond to them. It's the old "it's everyone's fault but mine" routine.

I predict that happiness will never be found by someone with such a sour attitude. If he's expecting Jacksonville to be socially better than Atlanta then he is sadly mistaken. Talk about people from small southern towns - J'ville takes the cake.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2015, 11:16 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,232 posts, read 1,821,790 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
But happiness is oh-so close! It's so sad to call other people immature while making such wildly immature comments...and then get mad at how people respond to them. It's the old "it's everyone's fault but mine" routine.

I predict that happiness will never be found by someone with such a sour attitude. If he's expecting Jacksonville to be socially better than Atlanta then he is sadly mistaken. Talk about people from small southern towns - J'ville takes the cake.
I'm mad? Lmao. I would really hope no one takes an Internet forum that seriously. My experiences in Atlanta are accurate to a tee. Atlanta is a ghetto, white trash city. It is filled with people from bum **** small towns where they didn't learn to speak english correctly, brush their teeth, go to school, manage their weight, or learn to respect people's privacy.

I would recommend coming down to Florida to check out a better way of life. People here look better, talk better, mind their own business and allow others to live their live in peace. You won't find religion, ignorance, or southern drawls spitting in your face.

Perhaps Jacksonville is the same way. It is very close to GA, but judging from the people I have met from there it is not that way. But if it is I can easily take care of my necessary business there and then leave. If it is as Southern as Atlanta then hell no I won't be there long. I highly doubt it is though. Southerners love to lay claim to everything they can when everyone else wants to distance themselves from that culture. I take their claims with a grain of salt.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2015, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Florida
2,232 posts, read 1,821,790 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Your beyond ridiculous remarks regarding Atlanta have me convinced you've never been here.

Yeah, you're going to do REAL well in Jacksonville.
I had the unpleasant experience of living in Atlanta not just once, but twice! I actually gave that city a second chance even though I left the first time with a foul taste in my mouth. Trust, I will never be living there again.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 PM
 
36,155 posts, read 34,665,992 times
Reputation: 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Atlanta is a ghetto, white trash city.
Huh? There really isn't even a working White class in Atlanta anymore and it's been a majority Black city for decades now; hell it's even nicknamed "the Black mecca." I've heard lots of criticisms of Atlanta over the years, but I declare "white trash city" is a first.

Quote:
It is filled with people from bum **** small towns where they didn't learn to speak english correctly, brush their teeth, go to school, manage their weight, or learn to respect people's privacy.
Serious question: how old are you? Nobody's taking your invective here seriously. And there are objective stats out there which solidly demonstrate that Atlanta easily has a higher educational attainment rate than all of Florida's major cities and is also a fitter city than any of Florida's major cities.

If Atlanta wasn't your cup of tea, then cool--but you're just making yourself look really bad by making up dumb stuff as you go along. This characterization of the city as a backwoods without electricity, running water, or dentists is about as asinine as it gets.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2015, 12:16 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,232 posts, read 1,821,790 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Huh? There really isn't even a working White class in Atlanta anymore and it's been a majority Black city for decades now; hell it's even nicknamed "the Black mecca." I've heard lots of criticisms of Atlanta over the years, but I declare "white trash city" is a first.



Serious question: how old are you? Nobody's taking your invective here seriously. And there are objective stats out there which solidly demonstrate that Atlanta easily has a higher educational attainment rate than all of Florida's major cities and is also a fitter city than any of Florida's major cities.

If Atlanta wasn't your cup of tea, then cool--but you're just making yourself look really bad by making up dumb stuff as you go along. This characterization of the city as a backwoods without electricity, running water, or dentists is about as asinine as it gets.
I'm in my late 20s. And there is no way Atlanta is more fit than cities in Florida, especially when you control for the retired population.

I have been at bars on Crescenf in Midtown, looked around, and litterally did not see one person that was not overweight. You go to the SoHo district in Tampa and it is rare to find someone who isn't fit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2015, 12:24 AM
 
36,155 posts, read 34,665,992 times
Reputation: 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
I'm in my late 20s. And there is no way Atlanta is more fit than cities in Florida, especially when you control for the retired population.

I have been at bars on Crescenf in Midtown, looked around, and litterally did not see one person that was not overweight. You go to the SoHo district in Tampa and it is rare to find someone who isn't fit.
Sorry, but you're wrong dude: AFI 2015 Quick View - American Fitness Index And again, anyone with a shred of objectivity can see you have an agenda here. It's just kind of sad now. Characterizing Midtown bars as virtual Weight Watchers conventions? LOL Furthermore, who goes into a bar, looks around, pays attention to people's weights, and commits something like that to memory????? That's just weird.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,232 posts, read 1,821,790 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Sorry, but you're wrong dude: AFI 2015 Quick View - American Fitness Index And again, anyone with a shred of objectivity can see you have an agenda here. It's just kind of sad now. Characterizing Midtown bars as virtual Weight Watchers conventions? LOL
Florida has an older population than GA and they tend to have more obesity rates. I'd like to see a chart like that only analyzing 18-50 year olds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2015, 12:42 AM
 
36,155 posts, read 34,665,992 times
Reputation: 24259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Florida has an older population than GA and they tend to have more obesity rates. I'd like to see a chart like that only analyzing 18-50 year olds.
Sorry but those old folks call Florida home so they count. If Florida gets to exclude them, then Atlanta gets to exclude transplants from elsewhere in the South but I bet you wouldn't go for that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-29-2015, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Florida
2,232 posts, read 1,821,790 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Sorry but those old folks call Florida home so they count. If Florida gets to exclude them, then Atlanta gets to exclude transplants from elsewhere in the South but I bet you wouldn't go for that.
For an obesity comparison? Not exactly the same thing as we were talking about.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:52 AM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top