U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:25 AM

36,072 posts, read 34,370,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
For an obesity comparison? Not exactly the same thing as we were talking about.
How so? Plus Florida has a very active retiree population anyway so I don't know on what basis you'd want to exclude them from the stats.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 06:06 AM

36,072 posts, read 34,370,546 times
And look at the map that accompanies this article if you think Florida isn't Southern: There Have Been 132 Pro-Confederate Flag Rallies Since The Charleston Shooting

Since the massacre in Charleston, there have been more pro-Confederate flag rallies in Florida than in Louisiana, Mississippi, and South Carolina combined.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:21 AM

1,991 posts, read 1,833,599 times
Yikes

Old 07-29-2015, 08:50 AM

3,618 posts, read 1,959,977 times
I will have to say that florida attracts a much scarier type of redneck, the biker types , than alot of the southeastern states like north carolina/virginia/ parts of southern maryland. driving through small town florida at night is always a strange experience for me

Old 07-29-2015, 04:53 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,543,682 times
Quote:
I had the unpleasant experience of living in Atlanta not just once, but twice! I actually gave that city a second chance even though I left the first time with a foul taste in my mouth. Trust, I will never be living there again.
Perhaps in some alternative fantasy world. I don't believe that you've ever been to Atlanta.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:20 AM

6,610 posts, read 7,846,840 times
Quote:
I had the unpleasant experience of living in Atlanta not just once, but twice! I actually gave that city a second chance even though I left the first time with a foul taste in my mouth. Trust, I will never be living there again.
Happiness is almost totally up to you...it's sad that you lived in a city as friendly and vibrant as Atlanta and STILL couldn't find it. Look within and stop blaming everything around you.

Atlanta is consistently listed as one of the top fittest cities in the nation...and the gay population undoubtedly leads the way in this category. You're just grasping at straws at this point. Maybe you accidentally wandered into Chubby Chasers on Crescent? (there aren't any gay spots on that street that I know of anyway).

Old 07-30-2015, 09:21 AM

6,610 posts, read 7,846,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Perhaps in some alternative fantasy world. I don't believe that you've ever been to Atlanta.
I don't believe it either at this point. It's just some crazy vendetta...I always have to question the mental state of anyone with such an obsession. Thank God people like this leave and never come back, but there are very few people that actually move to Atlanta and dislike it.

This just represents one less hateful person in my city.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:07 AM

14 posts, read 12,926 times
Hey all,
Sorry for the delayed reply, didn't get time to properly catch up on all this until now. A lot of new comments I see!

Thanks for the inputs and opinions, I appreciate them whichever side of the fence you're on as it gives perspective. The northern (geographically) parts of Florida do seem to be considered quite southern, certainly southern enough to be considered "The South", and I like that. The lifestyle, work opportunities, taxes etc all seem attractive there and northeastern Florida in particular, so it's still right up at the top of the list when it comes to where I'd like to move. I just need to research into specific towns and communities

@Happiness-is-close I appreciate you taking the time to give your input, however your opinion was quite clear in your first comment and hence everything after that was just senseless arguing and hateful comments. Again, thanks for the input but I'd appreciate if you would refrain from commenting on my post again as it is not informative nor helpful.

Thanks to those (particularly newbern100) who attempted to steer this thread back on course with informative opinions on specific areas, I'll be sure to look into them.

So again, thanks for the help folks, the vast majority of you have been of good help, much appreciated

Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,327,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
You do know that people cannot just move to any foreign country they want, right? The country must want them, and want them because they have something their own citizens don't have, or because they want someone that will substantially add to that country's assets in terms of money, skills, or talent.

Check the Legal Immigration forum here for details.
what a leap! i'm pretty sure if the guy is checking into it, he knows what he needs to do..it's not like he's just running across the border.

And to the op, i would check out savannah...i LOVE savannah (if it was me!)

Old 08-08-2015, 09:17 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,186,344 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow
You do know that people cannot just move to any foreign country they want, right? The country must want them, and want them because they have something their own citizens don't have, or because they want someone that will substantially add to that country's assets in terms of money, skills, or talent.

Check the Legal Immigration forum here for details.

what a leap! i'm pretty sure if the guy is checking into it, he knows what he needs to do..it's not like he's just running across the border.

And to the op, i would check out savannah...i LOVE savannah (if it was me!)

To nightlysparrow; I believe when coming to the US they just want to make sure you have a job to support yourself. At least before Obama's ruleing.
As for breeze823; I agree, both Savannah or Charleston would be a good fit since they both have a bit of European flair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.