Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 07:11 PM

448 posts, read 591,583 times

Advertisements

Let's do something different. Have you ever been a victim of a crime and in what city? Have you lived in a city where you haven't experienced any crime at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 07:14 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,929 times
I am not a victim of crime because my name is Bryan Mills and I have a particular set of skills.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I am not a victim of crime because my name is Bryan Mills and I have a particular set of skills.
Or is it cause you are a wildcat and will pounce all over them? Cat scratch fever😾

Old 07-10-2015, 09:29 PM

6,470 posts, read 4,068,399 times
Yes, the city where I experienced crime out of the ones where I live have been Katy, Texas on several occasions. I have not experienced crime anywhere else.
When I lived in the Northern Part of Katy, An I-phone was stolen in front of our front door (It was ordered in the mail) and several other mail were stolen, My bike was stolen, My mom's car was broken into and the worst was when we were moving to South Katy, my mom walked in on a guy trying to steal our fridge and stove (Almost everything else in the house was gone at the time).
Since I didn't pay for any of the things stolen actually technically a crime has never happened to me, but to my parents and while I was present.
Also this wasn't really commited against me but someone set fire to my school's bathroom back in elementary when I still lived in North Katy.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:08 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,327,595 times
Rarely. Our mailbox has been smashed several times and our vacant house was broken into once. She was jailed.

My parents' van was broken into in Chicago before I was born. They stole a digital camcorder.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:47 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,522,766 times
Yes. Plenty.

Shreveport, LA:
Had my door kicked in by a drunk - he ran back out of the door once he realized it wasn't his house.
Was assaulted by a guy at a gas station because of road rage.
Had my car broken into and a laptop and GPS stolen.

New Orleans, LA:
Domestic violence - roommate threw a coffee mug at me, also threatened to kill me.
Had the back window smashed out of my car. Probably not the same person.
Was assaulted by a woman in the street because I wanted her to leave my property.

And for what it's worth: I've had a couple friends that were murdered, both in Shreveport. I'm not the victim, but if you lose somebody to violence it feels like you're a victim.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:18 AM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
A couple of car break-ins. I met a contractor at my rental condo at about daybreak on the way to work. I left my car for about 15 minutes; came back to find my window smashed and my laptop missing from behind the front seat. Four other cars in the vicinity had been hit as well.
My house was broken into about 1999. Some cash and jewelry was taken, as well as some beer (!). The veteran cop that was investigating it said that he surmised two things: that whoever broke in 1) knew me, 2) was looking for something specific. He said that even though every drawer was opened and closet riffled through, very little was actually taken. That haunted me for years.
All of this took place in the Atlanta area.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:21 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,963,777 times
Yeah I've been mugged twice, had my bike stolen, and have been felt up without permission one time, all within a few years or so. I like to walk around at night, which has its risks.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:36 PM

366 posts, read 493,874 times
Robbed at gunpoint in NY bank in Queens on Atlantic Ave in broad daylight with full bank. Happened in ATM room.

Had laundry stolen twice in San Antonio.

Had doorbell stolen (weird) in San Antonio.

Had jacket stolen in Queens, NY at an imaging place while waiting for my mom to get a scan. Her wedding ring and other jewelry was also stolen.

Had mail stolen in Queens by our landlord.

Had car shelter stolen while I was on vacation.

Many other crimes that happened to my mom, dad, family, grandparents.

Old 07-12-2015, 04:46 PM

This is from 3 different cities in New Mexico

Oh where to start lol......ill just list a few 1997-2006

Had my car broken into, tried to steal it
had my apartment broken into
had my truck broken into
had my windshield busted
tires slashed along with a few neighbors
Had a gun pulled on me once

I've done a few dumb things myself, not gonna list those

And while I wasn't a victim, there was a drive by in front of my house when they were shooting at the car that was driving by

I saw an armed robbery take place

My uncle is in jail for murder

A cousin in prison for trafficking drugs

ONE night the cops were looking for somebody and they took over a few blocks of the neighborhood armed with assault rifles and full swat gear with the helicopter up above shining the light on me when I was in my front yard lol

I've lived in Texas for the past 5 years and have had no issues or even seen anything sketchy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.