Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 05:24 PM

295 posts, read 355,867 times

Advertisements

In numbers - population. LA Downtown is slowly gaining momentum on becoming what NY's Manhattan is. Especially with 2 NFL teams moving to LA (Raiders and Rams most likely) Also there are signs of LA Region being extended from Riverside to AZ border. The future favors LA in weather and open land. NY is the past, LA is the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 05:31 PM

LA is the greatest Metro of our time. No other Metro has what LA has to offer: Beaches, Canyons, Mountains, Forests, Deserts, Urban/Rural areas, Diversity of Races, Sunny Weather and everything One needs. Last but not least: A short 3-hour drive from the Entertainment Capitol.

Old 08-09-2015, 05:41 PM
chh

420 posts, read 653,320 times
"Greatest Metro" is extremely subjective. You might like it, but probably because it's perfect for you. I'd hate living in a metro of that size, I prefer smaller smaller metros and would hate living in L.A.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:16 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
I doubt, very much, that the presence of sports teams are what make a region great. You had the Rams once and what good did it do?

Old 08-09-2015, 06:18 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,547,230 times
Oh boy.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW-type-gal View Post
I doubt, very much, that the presence of sports teams are what make a region great. You had the Rams once and what good did it do?
LA is poised to be the next NY in terms of Urbanity (Wilshire and Downtown LA). What makes one think LA lacks in anything to surpass NY.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:36 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,547,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
LA is poised to be the next NY in terms of Urbanity (Wilshire and Downtown LA). What makes one think LA lacks in anything to surpass NY.
Water.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:45 PM

6,475 posts, read 4,076,574 times
It will take LA 50 years of serious development to catch up to Manhattan, right now LA is only comparable with the Brooklyn area and if you count all of LA metro that compares to Long Island including Brooklyn and queens forgetting the rest of the New York metro. In terms of urbanity LA needs to catch up to a few places in America to be the next NY. Not saying LA isn't great but calling it the king of the West Coast is like calling Atlanta he king of the south their are other cities in the region that can compete in certain areas that have LA beat also, LA doesn't stretch to the Arizona border that is just because California counties like Riverside and San Bernadino counties are so massive same with LA county, arguably LA is a group of 3 metros with a large metro to hold them down if LA, SB and Riverside were regular size depending on how they were split I bet you LA msa would be 8 million not 12 the CSA would stay the same. And the area would have 3 to 5 MSA's not 2.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:52 PM
chh

420 posts, read 653,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
In numbers - population. LA Downtown is slowly gaining momentum on becoming what NY's Manhattan is. Especially with 2 NFL teams moving to LA (Raiders and Rams most likely) Also there are signs of LA Region being extended from Riverside to AZ border. The future favors LA in weather and open land. NY is the past, LA is the future.
The LA area is being extended to the AZ border? Lol, that's ridiculous. When I look at a map I see a whole bunch of nothing in between AZ and LA. It's all open desert. They won't even be able to build sprawl that goes all the way out there, because first of all they need people that want to live that far out and secondly they'll run out of water way before they make it to AZ.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:01 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chh View Post
The LA area is being extended to the AZ border? Lol, that's ridiculous. When I look at a map I see a whole bunch of nothing in between AZ and LA. It's all open desert. They won't even be able to build sprawl that goes all the way out there, because first of all they need people that want to live that far out and secondly they'll run out of water way before they make it to AZ.
Technically, the LA CSA does extend to the AZ border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.