Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 11:28 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,723,279 times

Advertisements

Phoenix is so cheap it's unbelievable sometimes... Not sure how it compares to Ohio, though. Gas is also decently priced.

Phoenix is a huge home of bikers... A huge event of this occurs in the spring when the weather is right. I believe for almost all of March and maybe April there are several venues through out the week but my parents always go to Westgate in Glendale on Thursday nights to hang out with other bikers. So the entire entity of spring, just before the weather tries to melt you, there are biker events going on.

If you are worried about the heat Arizona offers many ways of escaping this via Flagstaff, Mount Lemmon, etc. As far as riding motorcycles go, cops are generally understanding of the heat and if for whatever reason you are stuck on the I-17 in holiday weekend traffic in 115 weather, you can drive on the shoulder and no one bats an eye. Most people are understanding that motorcycles lack A/C and it poses a health risk at that point. Northern Arizona amongst the pines offer a good amount of biker events and I'm unsure of Tucson... but these are also options to consider if Phoenix proves to be too hot. Not sure if Flagstaff would prove itself to be too similar to Ohio weather though, Flagstaff is similar to Colorado in terms of weather.

And Arizona has some of the most lenient gun laws. I believe only Alaska and Florida compare, I would have to look at the laws again. Because of the large swaths of public land in the state, an Arizona gun owner can go behind the White Tanks and shoot up against some random mountain and it's ok (as long as you are far enough away from homes). There are a ton of shooting ranges as well, I would recommend looking into the Scottsdale Gun Club if you do move to Phoenix. I don't see Arizona ever changing this... Arizona and guns are like two peas in a pod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 02:37 AM

2,276 posts, read 2,627,515 times
I've worked with lots and lots of folks from Columbus here. They claims they moved here from the cold cloudy to the warm beach.
Charleston, So. Car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.