Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:14 PM

309 posts, read 307,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Yup, Arrowhead is another big party with a great tailgating tradition.

Good luck tonight, but not too much luck!
LOL with Rodgers quarterbacking on another level right now, I'm sure we will need it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 02:14 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,945,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Most of this just isn't true, especially the underlined. I've tailgated at 6AM for Packers games many, many times. SEC country thinks it's the center of the football universe or something. There's football elsewhere, too. And football springs from northern cities, not the south - this is one reason why there are fewer NFL teams in that market, and even the few NFL teams that are in the region are expansion teams or teams without long histories. Football is insane here. And there.

In Wisconsin, we can drink any night and head into work the next day no probs (see: tonight's Packer Monday night game). On weekends, it's the Badgers on Saturday (party!), then the Packers on Sunday (another party!!). Both are huge, and both are accompanied by adult beverages.

We don't shy from parties, basically.
Well I have to say, ya'll must be troopers up there LOL! I'm not too sure I could do that and have any relevance at work on Monday!

Old 09-28-2015, 08:59 PM

539 posts, read 523,135 times
You just don't stay out as late, thats about it. Maybe if its a big game and you know your going far in advance youll take off monday.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:27 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,397,316 times
Sometimes usually the younger guys are hungover and nobody really says anything

Old 09-29-2015, 07:31 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,467,632 times
Usually whenever I go to a NFL game on Sunday, I take the following day off from work...especially if it's a 4PM or 8:30PM start here in New England.

For Monday night games, I take Tue off and usually don't tailgate much because by the time I get to the stadium it's 1 hr to kickoff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.