Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM

50 posts, read 141,281 times

Advertisements

I'd definitely agree with what earlier posters have said. Louisville is very friendly, Denver from my experience was too. Portland people are quite friendly and most people in Seattle are the same way. Minneapolis-St. Paul is a pretty friendly overall metro. Omaha and Des Moines are very, very friendly but in a more inclusive way. I don't have much experience with other cities that people have mentioned, and I would disagree with St. Louis but that's probably based on my experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM

50 posts, read 141,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
In 2004 Travel & Leisure magazine said that Nashville is America's friendliest city.

This year, it said Charleston SC is the friendliest.

Metro areas of more than 500,000 ranked by their friendliness according to Travel & Leisure:

1. Charleston
2. New Orleans
3. MSP
4. Nashville
5. Austin
6. Portland OR
7. Honolulu
8. San Antonio
9. Denver
10. Seattle
11. Chicago
12. San Diego
13. San Francisco
14. Atlanta
15. Orlando
16. DFW
17. Phoenix
18. Las Vegas
19. Philadelphia
20. Boston

I didn't include Charleston in my previous post because I didn't think it's metro was big enough, but now that I think about it, it's really does deserve the reputation of being friendly. Throughout my youth I would visit my aunt for a week each summer and the people down there were absolutely amazing. Even to touristy folks, the resident never cease to be kind to you.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 2,424 times
I agree with Austin,Nashville,New Orleans and Denver as I have been to those great cities and the latter I loved there from 1990-2006 17 superb years. I wanna visit Las Vegas,Phoenix,San Diego and Seattle. Why is Portland,Oregon left out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.