Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 06:32 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,338,951 times

Advertisements

Oh I love the winter! No really I am being serious, I am one of the weirdo's that loves ice on my car every morning when I go to work. I will say that maybe if I lived in a really cold area like northern Canada I might not like it so much. I have lived in places like Boston though that has their fare share of cold weather and I still loved it there. I take all 8 of my vacation weeks in the winter so I can ski and board.

So far (and it is still very early) this year has been warm. Even the Fall has been extremely warm in the Southeast. They are saying the pattern will flip and this will be a backloaded winter for us the southeast and I hope so. This is the first time I cam remember on November 30'th all the ski resorts in the Mid/atlantic and southeast are closed. They have opened a few days so far, but it keeps melting so they are all closed as of right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 10:45 AM

88 posts, read 94,126 times
Southwest Ohio predictions look pretty good for the first have of December. 40s and 50s.

Old 12-01-2015, 10:47 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Its been really warm in Nashville in the 60s in Nov and on the first day of Dec. I wonder if we will even see snow this year. I can do 60s in Dec, this has been an awesome fall so far.

Old 12-01-2015, 07:51 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Been nice here in coastal MD. Our rockfish (striped bass) season hasn't gotten going yet as the fish are still in jersey and a few offshore boats went out over the weekend and did really good on tuna and Mahi. As far as hunting season has gone, it's been too warm for me to go as I'm one to hunt in the evenings and then dress and let the deer hang for a day or two as I usually don't feel like dealing with it all the same night.

Another nice bonus is that I have been able to strip and start varnishing the teak on a boat for a client. It actually looks like I might be able to finish the job this month and not wait till spring.

I'll definately take this but in reality, it's not that this season is really too much warmer then normal, it's that the last few have been colder. But I'll take an El Nino every year as I hate the cold.

I still don't plan to stick around for most of jan/Feb as no matter how you look at it those month's S.U.C.K.!

Last edited by marlinfshr; 12-01-2015 at 08:32 PM..

Old 12-02-2015, 10:46 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Easy so far in Chicago, although I was down in Brazil and apparently we got some snow a week and a half ago, but everyone at work said it melted right away (at least in the city).

Temps in the 40's for the most part, supposed to be in the low 50's here later this week and next.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,747,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowchaser2002 View Post
Oh I love the winter! No really I am being serious, I am one of the weirdo's that loves ice on my car every morning when I go to work. I will say that maybe if I lived in a really cold area like northern Canada I might not like it so much. I have lived in places like Boston though that has their fare share of cold weather and I still loved it there. I take all 8 of my vacation weeks in the winter so I can ski and board.

So far (and it is still very early) this year has been warm. Even the Fall has been extremely warm in the Southeast. They are saying the pattern will flip and this will be a backloaded winter for us the southeast and I hope so. This is the first time I cam remember on November 30'th all the ski resorts in the Mid/atlantic and southeast are closed. They have opened a few days so far, but it keeps melting so they are all closed as of right now.
Temperatures here in Georgia seem like they've been consistently above normal since May. May was very warm, and June, July and August were all moderately hot. Athens had three days of 100°F heat: one in June and two in August. There were about 30 other days with temperatures above 95°F as well. And aside from a brief cold spell in the middle of November, it was a warm fall too. As for December, the last cold December we've had was in 2010. They've all been mild to warm since. In fact, here's how the winters have been this decade in Georgia...

2010-2011: Consistently cold with measurable snowfall in December, January and February
2011-2012: N/A
2012-2013: A wet and back-loaded winter, with March literally being colder than December
2013-2014: A case of extremes, with December being warm, and January and February being bitterly cold
2014-2015: Every month from November through March was cold except for December, which was mild

By the way, temperatures above 70°F at Christmastime is a total buzzkill. At the very least I need to feel some chill in the air at sunset, or it doesn't work. Here's hoping Christmas isn't too warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Most of the East has had the warmest September through November period on record this year.
It helps when you have five days of 90°F heat in September like Pittsburgh did.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:39 PM

1,778 posts, read 2,886,165 times
Colorado Springs, typical so far:

Snows, windy, blizzard conditions, stops snowing, winds die down, sky clears, cold, sun is back out, slowly warms up, put shorts back on.

Start cycle again in 7-10 days.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:59 PM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Getting colder here in NYC, but its December afterall. 57 degrees today, but the next 2 weeks should be in the low 50s. Light rain here and there.

The weather forecast so far says we wouldn't hit any below 34 degree night time lows until at least mid December. That means probably no snow this year, until Jan-Feb.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:33 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,229,909 times
If it's like last winter most of the country will fare fine until the First of January when The Cold and Snows will unleash like crazy. Stocking up the next few weeks.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:55 AM

699 posts, read 610,994 times
Miami Beach has so far been "perfect", daytime temps are low 80s, morning temps [coldest period of the day] are low 70s. Lots of rain though, last night and into this afternoon we got perhaps close to 10" and it has been raining like every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.