Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 11:23 AM

6,613 posts, read 16,579,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Wasn't that WV?
No, it was North Georgia. (Coinicdentally, very close to where the woman hiker was killed by the guy with bad teeth last week)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 02:26 PM

24,514 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
No, it was North Georgia. (Coinicdentally, very close to where the woman hiker was killed by the guy with bad teeth last week)
No wonder we moved from GA to AL. Better dental care.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:43 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkstp Tina View Post
Why is it that people have such rotten spelling nowadays? ...And can we try a capital letter at the start of a sentence? Why is it that so many people on City-Data make posts with such horrible spelling and grammar? Don't people proof their posts? Or can they simply not spell? Sorry to sound like a snob, but it's the English major in me coming out. I know I'm guilty of typos too, but a lot of the stuff I read on here is ridiculous. The schools in our country must really being going downhill if this is what we're turning out...
Thank you, Tina! I totally agree...and I'm a fellow English major and former newspaper editor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
I have no clue. My point was that JS01's post was the stereotypical "Deliverance" south that scares the bejeezus out of us northern sorts.
I believe that was the point!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:44 PM

217 posts, read 879,099 times
Quote:
I have no clue. My point was that JS01's post was the stereotypical "Deliverance" south that scares the bejeezus out of us northern sorts.
While his comment was dumb, you don't think northerners stereotype southerners or say bad things about them?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:49 PM

217 posts, read 879,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trkstp Tina View Post
And thanks for reinforcing the stereotype that Southerners are dumb and/or have bad schools. Why is it that people have such rotten spelling nowadays? Hey, dude, it's "offense," "no" not "know," "living," and "any Northerners." And can we try a capital letter at the start of a sentence? Why is it that so many people on City-Data make posts with such horrible spelling and grammar? Don't people proof their posts? Or can they simply not spell? Sorry to sound like a snob, but it's the English major in me coming out. I know I'm guilty of typos too, but a lot of the stuff I read on here is ridiculous. The schools in our country must really being going downhill if this is what we're turning out.

Please excuse my rant and for getting off topic. Okay, I'm done.
I think is more of an informal forum. People aren't being graded or writing essays on here.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
50 degree riding is NOT fun, even when bundled up. All it takes is an hour on the bike and youre chilled to the bone. I dont even ride street bikes, I ride dirt bikes, which is alot more rigorous than just sitting still while cruising on a highway, and I still get cold in that weather.

As for the skirt and heels comment, Im not sure if that was intended to be funny or what, but Im not laughing? And youre right, you dont have to worry about being stuck in a snow bank in GA, you just get stuck in the mud that used to be a lake instead. DOH!

Yes, I went back north from Tennessee, are you happy now with one less Yankee in your midsts?
We got snowed in in GA and in AL. Remember the blizzard of 93?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallylady46 View Post
While his comment was dumb, you don't think northerners stereotype southerners or say bad things about them?
And vice versa :>(

Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,604 times
[quote=JS01;2449785]stay out of alabama, we dont need no northerners round here. No offence to you and your family but we got a certain way of livin down here and we dont want know changes from outsiders. thanks and good luck[/quote

Why is that? You don't like people who can spell properly?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:00 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,085,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
We got snowed in in GA and in AL. Remember the blizzard of 93?
How many inches did you get? Two?

...Actually my grandparents lived in GA for awhile, it was quite a switch as they are from New England and NYC respectively... but they really enjoyed their brief stay down there and ultimately had nothing but nice things to say about the people and their experiences. Granted they choose not to stay and came back up north, but they seemed to like it just fine in GA and made some lifelong friends.

Last edited by j33; 01-10-2008 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: meant to type GA

Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
How many inches did you get? Two?

...Actually my grandparents lived in GA for awhile, it was quite a switch as they are from New England and NYC respectively... but they really enjoyed their brief stay down there and ultimately had nothing but nice things to say about the people and their experiences. Granted they choose not to stay and came back up north, but they seemed to like it just fine in AL and made some lifelong friends.
Enough to have AL declared National disaster area and casualties. We dug out after a week. It was interesting to take a friend with a broken ankle to the nearest hospital - by dirt bike as the fourwheel truck could not make:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.