Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 04:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,905,740 times

Advertisements

Uh, these lists are so stupid.

I want it broken down by industry and I can care less about raw numbers since these metro areas have VASTLY different populations.

For example, if most of the new jobs in one of the cities are retail/service jobs then it does a clerical office worker no good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 10:26 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
Uh, these lists are so stupid.

I want it broken down by industry and I can care less about raw numbers since these metro areas have VASTLY different populations.

For example, if most of the new jobs in one of the cities are retail/service jobs then it does a clerical office worker no good!
Very true indeed... Some industries are highly concentrated to a few areas where they don't exist in others and it would be nice to see these as well.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Seattle has a lot of job openings...mostly in the IT industry. So if you don't have an IT specialized degree, it's just any other city to you. The non-IT, non-specialty jobs are extremely competitive because of a never-ending wave of millenials who think it's hip to live in Seattle. It's not shocking to meet minimum wage cashiers and baristas who have master's degrees.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:10 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Seattle has a lot of job openings...mostly in the IT industry. So if you don't have an IT specialized degree, it's just any other city to you. The non-IT, non-specialty jobs are extremely competitive because of a never-ending wave of millenials who think it's hip to live in Seattle. It's not shocking to meet minimum wage cashiers and baristas who have master's degrees.
Really I wish that was true . The restaurant I manage its hard to find workers over 18. I manage a Taco Time .

Old 02-17-2016, 12:16 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
San Jose near the top of a jobs list. Yawn. What else is new?

Old 02-17-2016, 08:42 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
you definitely have to take into the cost of living compared to pay when looking at some of those places. I agree it needs to be broken down by what type of jobs, I doubt orlando are the most high paying from my experience looking there for programming jobs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.