Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which region is more lush?
Northeast 25 29.07%
Southeast 45 52.33%
Tie 16 18.60%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 09:30 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy7 View Post
So be a troll to counter the troll approach eh? Lol, ironic thing here is you would be fuming if someone else were to take this approach over places you go gaga over, i.e. San Diego, Hawaii.

I call you out a lot because you act like you are a know it all that's always objective, when in fact anybody with a remote bit of intellect can see that most your views seem to be quite...convenient...for places you just love so much like San Diego or Honolulu, and is rather subjective. Granted, you are definitely a step or two above the typical Homer here. But it's this rather obnoxious persistence to have the last word all time over things that are just a matter of perspective is what I really don't like.

We all do it sometimes. especially if we feel like their posts are really that dire, but at some point most us go: ok, that's enough, no point in wasting my time anymore. You do it with every single person you respond to! And that's not exactly a small number of people either. So yeah, I would say your little mentality that you have about the need to chase everybody to the end of this Earth just to have the last word, is way more creepy than anything I do. Yes, no denying that I'm a flawed human being too. I'm always rather observant and the in your face type, can't help that, it's the way I was raised. The difference between me and you though is that I can actually admit my flaws and also acknowledge that most of my views are just preferences rather than anything factual.
And it just keeps getting creepier, honestly what is this little personal diatribe? I guess I have a one person fan club. For being nothing more than some random, anonymous person online to you, you seem really personally affected by me. I obviously don't agree with your assessment of my posting habits but I'm not going to waste anymore time justifying myself to someone like you. Don't forget there is an "ignore" option. Use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 10:21 AM

317 posts, read 377,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And it just keeps getting creepier, honestly what is this little personal diatribe? I guess I have a one person fan club. For being nothing more than some random, anonymous person online to you, you seem really personally affected by me. I obviously don't agree with your assessment of my posting habits but I'm not going to waste anymore time justifying myself to someone like you. Don't forget there is an "ignore" option. Use it.
Well that's a cute way of going on the defensive. I like your fondness for the word creepy too, it's very...high school...lol. I was speaking of irony, well the most ironic part of all of this might be that personally affected bit, because you spend about 5x more time in this so called random online place as you say than I do, doing that whole bit I was mentioning about chasing others down for that last word...But don't worry sir, I won't be chasing you down to anywhere even if you do decide to come back here, which I have this distinct feeling you will be just dying too.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Well that's a cute way of going on the defensive. I like your fondness for the word creepy too, it's very...high school...lol. I was speaking irony, well the most ironic part of all of this might be that about you spend about 5x time in this so called random online place than I do, doing that whole bit I was mentioning about chasing others down for that last word...But don't worry sir, I won't be chasing you down to anywhere even if you do decide to come back here, which I have this distinct feeling you will be just dying too.
Did you want me to waste my time defending myself to you or something? I simply don't get why you care, it's weird and bizarre. It's an online forum full of a bunch of anonymous people. You're right I do spend more time on here yet I'm not personally affected by anyone on here like you, I guess that's also ironic lol.

Old 02-24-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Well that's a cute way of going on the defensive. I like your fondness for the word creepy too, it's very...high school...lol. I was speaking of irony, well the most ironic part of all of this might be that personally affected bit, because you spend about 5x more time in this so called random online place as you say than I do, doing that whole bit I was mentioning about chasing others down for that last word...But don't worry sir, I won't be chasing you down to anywhere even if you do decide to come back here, which I have this distinct feeling you will be just dying too.
Lol and 2 seconds later he comes back...

Yeah, nothing weird and bizarre about you at all. You are also not at all personally affected by any of this, or obsessed with having the last word whatsoever

Old 02-24-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Lol and 2 seconds later he comes back...

Yeah, nothing weird and bizarre about you at all. You are also not at all personally affected by any of this, or obsessed with having the last word whatsoever
What I find pretty stupid is people trying to get the last word by calling out others for wanting the last word. Just so much irony today!

Old 02-24-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
What I find pretty stupid is people trying to get the last word by calling out others for wanting the last word. Just so much irony today!
Well of course I am today, this is pretty funny lol. It's somewhat messed up I admit, really shouldn't be enjoying mocking another human being this much. Btw, it's not very original to keep taking other people's vocabulary that they used to describe you. Maybe even on the lines of pretty stupid

Old 02-24-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Well of course I am today, this is pretty funny lol. It's somewhat messed up I admit, really shouldn't be enjoying mocking another human being this much. Btw, it's not very original to keep taking other people's vocabulary that they used to describe you. Maybe even on the lines of pretty stupid
Well I can't help it with all the ironic statements you keep making, perhaps it's more of a double standard though. For example how you say it's not original "to keep taking other people's vocabulary that they used to describe you" yet that is exactly what you keep doing as well. Maybe that was intentional though.

Last edited by sav858; 02-24-2016 at 11:14 AM..

Old 02-24-2016, 03:35 PM

196 posts, read 198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The Northeast is more lush.

If you don't believe me, go to Maine, pull over on the side of the road and try to enter the woods. You will turn back after 3 feet.
People from Maine went to the forests of the Southeast, and where overwhelmed, feeling oppressed, just by the canopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
In my experience, I actually think the broader Mid-Atlantic region (NY, PA, NJ, DE, WV, MD and VA) is the most consistently lush area in the US due to the predominate hardwood foliage and more constant, slow rainfall (certainly the rest of the East, like New England and the rest of the South is still very lush, but the Mid-Atlantic, in my view, seems to be the most temperate and conducive to greenery, due to having the most productive soul, as well as the lack of as much severe heat and cold found at the polar ends of the East that can hinder lushness).
Consider that plants like warm, wet environments (generally speaking), then consider that the Southeast gets more annual rainfall, and is a warmer climate than the Northeast. Tropical rainforests are the lushest, most biodiverse biomes on the planet for a reason.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:25 PM

7,268 posts, read 10,585,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.I.0.N.I.C. View Post
Consider that plants like warm, wet environments (generally speaking), then consider that the Southeast gets more annual rainfall, and is a warmer climate than the Northeast. Tropical rainforests are the lushest, most biodiverse biomes on the planet for a reason.
I understand what you're saying, and that's generally true in theory, but other factors such as vegetation type and precipitation runoff can contribute to how lush an area may be.

Also, in terms of precipitation in the East, it is true that the Gulf Coast receives among the highest amounts in the continental US, but the Eastern Seaboard, from Maine to even Florida, has a remarkably similar annual average:

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/precip.html

Old 02-24-2016, 08:34 PM

196 posts, read 198,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
I understand what you're saying, and that's generally true in theory, but other factors such as vegetation type and precipitation runoff can contribute to how lush an area may be.

Also, in terms of precipitation in the East, it is true that the Gulf Coast receives among the highest amounts in the continental US, but the Eastern Seaboard, from Maine to even Florida, has a remarkably similar annual average:

Precipitation Maps - Western Regional Climate Center
Do you think that the winter bare period of the decidious forests in the North detracts from the lushness in the region? In the Southeast, far inland/mountainous areas have deciduous forests, but even in those areas, lots of subtropical/tropical elements persist, allowing for some sort of greenery year-round; tropical mosses in the Appalachians, for instance. Once you get down to the coast, the forest starts to look full on exotic, with thick palmetto understory, bromeliads (such as spanish moss), broadlead evergreen trees (live oak, magnolia, bay trees), all wrapped in evergreen lianas/vines (such as Carolina jessamine), giving a jungle-like feel. Even areas of decidious forest on the coast are so rich with these tropical elements, that they look exotic. The Northeastern forest is not nearly as evergreen, with larger portions going bare compared to the Southeast.

Starting from Wilmington NC southwards, the coastal South starts averaging annual precip no less than 50 inches, many places going well over 60 inches, all the way down to Florida, then west to even Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.