Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2016, 03:57 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
I cant see why someone would want to live "in the mountains".

And most people in Asheville would wonder why you live in FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger-f View Post
Heat and humidity is what makes the water be warmer than NC's, for a longer period. People are active with the ocean and water-sports more in FL.

Err, any city in NC that comes close to St Augustine? That's news to me NC has everything. No place does.

Different strokes for different folks.

You should become a spokesperson for FL, everyone will move out..
What's so special about st aug? Outside of the fort what do you got? Starbucks, subdivisions, Publix.... Repeat.... Gas stations, Walgreens, NY pizza places.......sounds like the rest of FL to me. Any town, FL.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Just ask some FL'ians. They love it here in the summer. Or better yet, visit vicariously via Google.

The Carolina Mountains: Guide to NC & SC Mountain Towns & Villages, Blue Ridge Vacations & Lake Homes ? CarolinaLiving.com

www.carolinaliving.com
He should ask all his neighbors and the rest of them planning their escape to the mountains hahaha.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 PM

892 posts, read 859,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
What's so special about st aug? Outside of the fort what do you got? Starbucks, subdivisions, Publix.... Repeat.... Gas stations, Walgreens, NY pizza places.......sounds like the rest of FL to me. Any town, FL.
I bet the same can be said about Asheville, outside the historic core, it's just another city. That being said on google maps, even in the historic core I saw nothing interesting. Will have to visit before I write it off completely.

As far as small cities in Florida that punch above their weight, are funky, bohemian, try Key West.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:01 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
But it's historic!

Old 03-04-2016, 04:06 PM

I live in a condominium on the 31st floor, facing the ocean. Though the balcony is big enough, and wraps around I can still see a lot of the bay.

Anyways, during the dead summer the breezes off the ocean here are so strong, I never AC and I sleep with a duvet.

That's in the. dead. of. the. summer. In the winter months it can be quite cold.

Only thing about having a balcony facing the ocean, you never need an alarm clock. The sun wakes you up with a vengeance. Good for you keeping you productive. Most of the best money making decisions I've made are when I get up at 7am as opposed to noon.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:07 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
I live in a condominium on the 31st floor, facing the ocean. Though the balcony is big enough, and wraps around I can still see a lot of the bay.

Anyways, during the dead summer the breezes off the ocean here are so strong, I never AC and I sleep with a duvet.

That's in the. dead. of. the. summer. In the winter months it can be quite cold.

Only thing about having a balcony facing the ocean, you never need an alarm clock. The sun wakes you up with a vengeance. Good for you keeping you productive. Most of the best money making decisions I've made are when I get up at 7am as opposed to noon.
Not everyone has the lifestyle you do. Most people hate Miami, actually. Browse through the Miami forum on here and you'll see why.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Not everyone has the lifestyle you do. Most people hate Miami, actually. Browse through the Miami forum on here and you'll see why.
Who hates Miami? Name their names. All of them probably live in Kendall. That's like saying you hate Manhattan but live in white plains.

If Miami is so bad, why is this city high on so many lists for the world's wealthy (not just Americas) to buy/live/invest.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:12 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majami View Post
Who hates Miami? Name their names. All of them probably live in Kendall. That's like saying you hate Manhattan but live in white plains.

If Miami is so bad, why is this city high on so many lists for the world's wealthy (not just Americas) to buy/live/invest.
Yes, rich people. Miami is pretty bad for your average citizen. I'm sure Miami is a great place to hide in your high-rise condo and not have to worry about anything.

Old 03-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yes, rich people. Miami is pretty bad for your average citizen. I'm sure Miami is a great place to hide in your high-rise condo and not have to worry about anything.
Why is it bad for your average citizen?

I cannot imagine many places in the USA offering the package of Miami Beach:

High Rise condominiums with the best views in the USA. Azul waters, white-washed art-deco architecture with a plethora of restaurants, shopping, nightlife, cultural amenities all within a short walk! Boating, fishing, diving. All I need to do is bring my boat to my building's dock, and it's Valet for me. When I want it, I just give the people a text and they text me back when it's ready for me. What could you possibly want more in a city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.