Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 11:30 AM

915 posts, read 1,504,984 times

Advertisements

Tim Horton's. It's spreading in the Midwest from Canada. I still haven't seen it outside the midwest though.

Meijer was my instant thought and others have mentioned it.

Also, Culver's (according to their map is spreading), but they are big in the Midwest too. I didn't realize that they had a few locations in the West/South until I looked at their website map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2016, 11:44 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Graeter's is one of the most highly acclaimed ice creams in the U.S., and is slowly spreading from its Cincinnati base throughout Ohio with its classical ice cream parlors, and even into neighboring states. Their first Cleveland store is due to open this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeter's

Skyline and Gold Star chili chains are Cincinnati regional favorites, but Cincinnati-style chili is an acquired, apparently regional taste. I love it, but many friends and family members have a distaste for it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_chili

Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirlmi View Post
Tim Horton's. It's spreading in the Midwest from Canada. I still haven't seen it outside the midwest though.
Tim Horton's for several years was owned by Columbus-based Wendy's, so it has many shops in central Ohio, but none in Greater Cleveland to my knowledge.

It's now affiliated with Burger King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hortons

Old 03-10-2016, 12:14 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Speaking of Columbus, I do like Donatos Pizza. They are a regional chain.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:25 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Rita's Water Ice for the Philly area! Had my first mango gelati of the season yesterday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
but there's no white castle in cherry hill.
Hah-that's what I was going to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Jucy's Burgers - voted Best Burger in Texas - northeast Texas
Jucy's Burger just sounds like it has to be good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirlmi View Post
People in Upstate New York LOVE Tim Horton's too!

Old 03-10-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Speaking of Columbus, I do like Donatos Pizza. They are a regional chain.
Founded in Columbus, purchased by McDonald's, then sold back to the founding family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donatos_Pizza

Old 03-10-2016, 01:04 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Founded in Columbus, purchased by McDonald's, then sold back to the founding family.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donatos_Pizza
It's still very good. I like it.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:05 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,858,750 times
Other St. Louis chains include Cecil Whittaker's Pizza.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:30 PM

2,515 posts, read 5,023,616 times
Portland area chains:

New Seasons Market Home - New Seasons Market

Market of Choice

Shari's Cafe and Pies

Burgerville

Bellagios Pizza - The Very Best - Portland, Oregon

Pizza Schmizza

https://www.stumptowncoffee.com/

Old 03-10-2016, 02:34 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,956,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Three restaurant chains I've only seen in the Southeast:

Bojangles-a fried chicken fast food chain, although we met a man at the Daytona 500 a couple of years ago at a booth set up to interest people in buying a Bojangles franchise and he said they are open to expanding into other areas such as the Midwest

The Mellow Mushroom-a cute pizza/subs chain of spacious, sit down restaurants with sort of a "mellow hippie" atmosphere and the best soft pretzels in the western hemisphere. I have only seen them in touristy areas of the SE but I think they would be a hit anywhere, especially in college towns like Ann Arbor, MI.

Zaxby's-a fast food chain devoted to the chicken tender, since basically everything on the menu is composed of chicken tenders in some capacity
Mellow Mushroom is a chain, they are all over the US - I know there are like 5 in the PHX area
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.