Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 10:38 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,885,496 times

Advertisements

Seattle for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 10:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,926,301 times
San Jose

Old 03-19-2016, 11:30 PM

159 posts, read 204,603 times
Umm, that would be NYC. I'm saying nothing of the quality or likelihood that you'll find (and get anywhere with) the love of your life or anything... but if we're stictly talking single men that would be the place by every metric I could figure.

That said I echo the sentiment to go where you'll actually be happy. Go somewhere that you'll be in your element. It's those places that you'll actually DO things that bring about relationships where you'll potentially meet someone who has mutual interest in you. You can go to NYC where you'll literally pass hundreds of thousands of single guys every single day - and that's all you'll be doing. You'll be one of the hundred thousand girls they passed that morning. Or if you love the outdoors you can go to Portland/seattle/NorCal/etc and you'll be one of a few that some guy passes while hiking/boating/frisbee golfing/whatever - and you'll actually be interesting because you're in your element. For a long time I always thought people were crazy who insisted NYC was full of beautiful women - I just didn't see it. I think I finally figured out that NYC is home to scores of women doing absolutely nothing I personally find interesting, and thus I never really stopped to notice them although they probably were attractive enough if I had.

So to truly answer this question as well as your other question about surprise cities with lots of attractive people (guys) - you should specify what sorts of activities interest you. There's a pretty darn good chance that wherever you are has plenty of suitable guys (it only takes one, after all), and probably plenty of ways to meet them. But if that's the focus, it's far less likely to actually happen.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:41 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,383,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Seattle for sure.
This is the one that I've heard about. Many men in Seattle complaining there are far too few single women.

Old 03-20-2016, 05:53 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Man Diego. Particularly Pacific Beach. As a gay guy who spent several years there I can tell you there are plenty of guys there gay and straight.

Old 07-10-2016, 03:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,332,480 times
Another thing: I am starting to think that lower female:male ratios (more males, less females) makes the men more likely to want to cheat. Because there aren't as many available females, males in these areas are more likely to get easily swooned and suckered in by any above average attractive female that comes their way, especially if she's hotter than his wife/girlfriend. Why do I think this? Because when I spent a considerable amount of time in Seattle, Portland, Denver, Salt Lake City, and other mountain towns that had more males, I was approached (sometimes very aggressively) by mostly MARRIED men. This happened moreso than in cities like Chicago, LA, and DC.

Just a few examples of what happened (there are more):
-I remember twice seeing guys on Tinder who were the steady boyfriends of females I knew.
-One of my supervisors at a company I worked at was married with kids and he made it pretty obvious that he was into me (I left the company before anything could happen, because i found a better job. If I stayed, I'm sure there would have been problems).
-My 23-year old friend's STEP DAD found me on Facebook and started flirting with me, before I blocked him.

Im not making this stuff up. It happened to me in the cities I mentioned, and I still have the text messages and Facebook messages to prove it!

The ideal situation for a monogamous marriage is to live in a place with a balanced female:male sex ratio, a balanced amount of attractive and non-attractive people, and both of you making around the same income. That way, you guys aren't easily lured in by the rare attractive suitor that steps into your life and neither of you feel disempowered due to the income disparity.

Old 07-10-2016, 04:15 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
charleston and columbia in SC due to the large number of college kids, plus the beach drawing more young people in for Charleston.

Old 07-10-2016, 05:46 PM

828 posts, read 692,451 times
If you want to move somewhere with a big sausage fest going on, San Diego is probably your place. San Diego has the military presence, which is mostly men plus lots of dudes move there for the outdoor sports they can do like surfing...and the weed of course...

Old 07-14-2016, 12:07 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,298,761 times
Many cities on the West Coast fit that bill. San Diego, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles has a large number of single guys in their 20s. Depends on if you can afford it

Old 07-14-2016, 01:48 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipcat View Post
Many cities on the West Coast fit that bill. San Diego, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, and Los Angeles has a large number of single guys in their 20s. Depends on if you can afford it
What neighborhoods in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego have alot of guys in their 20s and 30s?

Los Angeles has less expensive rentals then the Denver area.

It seems like no matter what I do I amount just women in Denver. I mean nothing wrong with it, I know many people would love to around women all the time. But I just would prefer to be in a neighborhood with more guys and in Denver it seems impossible.

Phoenix was also terrible for me in that regard. It is no secret that women from colder climates like the Valley of the Sun. The only area that seemed to have more guys then women was Tempe and it is a small city that makes up only 4% of the population of the metropolitan area.

Boulder or the expensive ski resort towns are my only chance of seeing more guys then women in Colorado.

I have been to California many times and noticed a large population of guys in San Diego and Los Angeles.

The more inland I went in both though it seems like the less guys there were. Areas like La Mesa in San Diego and Claremont and San Dimas seemed to be more tilted towards women.

I was wondering what areas in San Diego and Los Angeles have lots of guys in their 20s and 30s?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.