Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 AM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
And also the Midtown Mile in Atlanta is supposed to be something like the Maginificant Mile in Chicago with street shops and stores and is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2008. Midtown Mile (http://midtownmile.com - broken link).

Oh and I also like the fact that Lennox Square, Phipps Plaza, Perimeter Mall, and North Point Mall are all connected by the North Line MARTA train. In my pre-car college days I could visit all these malls in Atlanta by train.

Does anyone think Atlantic Station in Atlanta feels like a mall? I do.
I agree about using the train. Even many of us who don't live there enjoy going to Atlanta and taking the train. It adds to the experience of visiting a "big city."

I love Atlantic Station! Not only does it have the country's largest IKEA, but when it's finally finished it will have pretty much everything a typical mall would have but without the mallwalkers and roving gangs of bored teenagers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 07:45 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,892,512 times
I love malls. They are like the 21st century community centers-lots of people watching and stuff to do besides shop. I like those aspects more than shopping. As an aside, I used to take the El to O'Hare and people watch at the gates (Obviously b4 9/11). It was so fun to get a coffee and a snack and watch people running to and fro, some dressed for San Diego, some for Alaska. But back to the original point, here in Philly they have one huge mall called King of Prussia. Its OK, not as nice as the ones you are mentioning. I miss the big outdoor malls with the Ferris wheel and the pandemonium.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,950 times
St. Johns Town Center in Jacksonville, FL is a huge town square type mall that is very nice and also a very pretty shopping area.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
I'm not a "mall person", but Southpark Mall in Charlotte is very popular. It is probably the biggest in the Carolinas. Atlanta is known for its malls, which I think have been mentioned.

Wilmington has a great new place called "Mayfaire." I'm not sure what you'd call it - it is like they built an entirely new "outdoor mall", but it is designed like the downtown of a city, with apartments, condos, flats, etc. Lots of upscale shopping there - it is a very interesting commercial/residential development.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 PM

99 posts, read 281,543 times
The Galleria is probably the 2nd or 3rd best mall in the Dallas area. North Park in Dallas, Stonebriar in Frisco, even The Parks and Arlington Highlands in Arlington will have much more variety than Galleria.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
I prefer the outdoor, factory outlet malls. In Florida there is one in Ellenton and another near Orlando.

You don't get the ferris wheel, video arcade, and all that jazz, but they have great deals.
Almost every destination in Florida has an outlet mall in or near it. You can pretty much count on one every 100-200 miles.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:59 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
mall at millenia

http://www.mallatmillenia.com/luxurious/luxurious.htm (broken link)

Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem154 View Post
The Galleria is probably the 2nd or 3rd best mall in the Dallas area. North Park in Dallas, Stonebriar in Frisco, even The Parks and Arlington Highlands in Arlington will have much more variety than Galleria.
I agree, like Northpark much more than Galleria and for suburban type malls, Stonebriar is one of the nicest anywhere I've been.

All that said, I prefer the outlet mall in Allen for my regular clothes shopping over any standard Mall. The Village at Fairview will open across Central from this mall in the coming months, an open air mall with residences in the mix.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:59 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,763,645 times
Northpark Center In Dallas anchors Dillard's, Macy's, Neiman-Marcus, Barney's New York, and Nordstrom the biggest and best mall in Dallas-Fort Worth Metro!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,303,620 times
Avoid University Mall in Tampa or Palm Beach Mall in West Palm Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.