Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 11:09 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,378,806 times
Oh man this list will be long:

Boston
Texas
LA
SF
Albuquerque
Tucson
Denver
Kansas City
St Louis
Chicago
Tampa
Seattle
Hippy Portland
Salt Lake City
Wisconsin
Detroit
Cleveland
Syracuse
Buffalo
Philadelphia
Boston
Boston
Miami

Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,588,876 times
I would be willing to bet most of you havent been to alot of the places you said you would never live. The OP said he would never live in the South, but then said he was basing that off of things he heard from friends. My list only includes places Ive been:

NYC: Frankly, I cant stand the place.
San Francisco: Love to visit, would never live there
Philly: Great food, nice neighborhoods, good history, just not for me to live
Boston: See Philly
Ohio: Spent time in all the major cities. None of them appealed to me except Columbus. But there is no major airport there.
Wyoming: Very pretty, just not enough people
Las Vegas: I hate the place, nothing more to say. Its bad enough my enlaws live there. I have to go 3 times a year.

Any place over 1 hour drive from a major international airport: My job requires me to be overseas 3 months a year (about 8 different occurances). Having DFW and LAX (when I was in LA) is/was crucial.

Im open to most other places. Im even open to suburban Detroit. Its actually very pretty up there.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 AM

705 posts, read 1,653,597 times
I doubt I would want to live anywhere outside the west. If my wrist was really twisted, I would take a cabin in Maine or New Hampshire

Old 06-08-2010, 12:58 AM

11 posts, read 26,471 times
I could list a lot of places, but by far the top ones are East Texas and Mississippi.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:16 AM

5,490 posts, read 13,863,048 times
Places in America I would never live

Las Vegas, Nevada
Memphis, Tennessee
Arkansas
Mississippi
Alabama
Kentucky
West Virginia
Ohio
Indiana
Nevada
The lower elevations of Arizona
Most of Utah(Salt Lake City and Park City are the exceptions)
The Inland California cities such as Modesto, Stockton, Fresno, and Bakersfield.

Also, any place that has high crime and is dangerous, has too many shallow/superficial/corrupted people, and/or is too politically/socially conservative(And some of the places I already mentioned may fall under any of these categories).

Old 06-08-2010, 09:22 AM

2,368 posts, read 5,081,532 times
I'll live in no state that doesn't take the Great Lakes unless it's northern Kentucky which should count as Ohio anyway.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:35 AM

12,082 posts, read 38,702,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I'll live in no state that doesn't take the Great Lakes unless it's northern Kentucky which should count as Ohio anyway.
UKUKUK, when is your big move day? Must be looking forward to it already, nice area you are going to.

Old 06-08-2010, 10:10 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,577,577 times
"never say never" - if the right opportunity presented itself, i can't say I'd "never" live somewhere.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:57 PM

46 posts, read 158,047 times
My list...........

1. Saint Louis (Lived thurr dunn that dirty, and I aint neva goin back)
2. Kansas City
3. Camden, NJ
4. NYC (Too many d*mn people and people wonder why serial killers exist)
5. Washington DC (including surrounding Maryland and Northern Virginia I have hundreds of reasons why I HATE that area)
6. New Orleans
7. Birmingham
8. Memphis
9. Anywhere in New England
10. Anywhere in Oklahoma
11. Anywhere in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Illinois, Wisconsin
12. Minnesota
13. Alaska
14. Arizona
15. New Mexico
16. Texas
17. Utah
18. Oregon
19. Washington
20. Wyoming

I guess I never really noticed, I must not like America

Old 06-11-2010, 06:17 PM

151 posts, read 557,302 times
Washington state...It is beautiful, there are a lot of things to do, Seattle is fun city, access to Vancouver and Whistler BC is nice, snowboarding at MT. Baker is great--HOWEVER you must be prepared to enjoy rain and gray skies--a lot of rain and gray skies. It can end up being down right depressing when you are stuck indoors all the time because it's pouring down rain and cold outside leaving mud anywhere that isn't paved. Summers are wonderful but they only last 2-3 months and it's cold again. If it weren't for the long spurts of rain and cloudy days it would be a great place, so if you hate sun come to Washington. :P
When we travelled to find a new location we visited Charleston, SC looking for nice beaches but didn't find them very accessable and didn't enjoy the atmosphere. My aunt lives in Wisconsin and I am sure it's pretty but no way could I handle THAT type of cold weather so that probably rules out the entire northern half of the country. Hawaii is gorgeous but you are land locked on an island and would need to fly anywhere just to get off the islands so that would be rough for someone like me who likes to get out and explore.
Vegas is a fun city to party in and vacation but would never actually want to live there...so many tourists and party goers.

Last edited by angelagardner; 06-11-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.