Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 PM

10,111 posts, read 15,777,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
-Kentucky (east of I-75): too weird, and not in the good way. I live in Ky. but west of I-75.
-West Virginia: ditto east Ky.
-Ohio (except Cincinnati): very bland, depressing state, but I've had the fortune of meeting quite a few nice folks from there at least.
-North Dakota: would like to visit, but -20F winters are not for me.
-Minnesota and Wisconsin: ditto N.D. (except Milwaukee, Madison, and Minneapolis-St. Paul)
-Arkansas (except Northwest AR)
-Florida
-Alabama (except Mobile and Baldwin Counties)
-The really dirty and/or crime-ridden neighborhoods of any city

The rest of America I'm willing to keep an open mind about.
In Ohio, I wouldn't mind living in Columbus and places south of there, drove through last summer, but I wouldn't live in northern Ohio, too cold and depressing, especially Cleveland and places like Akron. The winters are bleak and endless, coupled with the Rust Belt feel. Columbus still felt liek a bustling city and didn't have that feeling of decline.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Places in America I would never live

Las Vegas, Nevada
Memphis, Tennessee
Arkansas
Mississippi
Alabama
Kentucky
West Virginia
Ohio
Indiana
Nevada
The lower elevations of Arizona
Most of Utah(Salt Lake City and Park City are the exceptions)
The Inland California cities such as Modesto, Stockton, Fresno, and Bakersfield.

Also, any place that has high crime and is dangerous, has too many shallow/superficial/corrupted people, and/or is too politically/socially conservative(And some of the places I already mentioned may fall under any of these categories).
So you don't want a lot of shallow/superficial corrupted people, yet you also don't like conservatives, well good luck then! Most of the shallow people are yuppie types and they usually are liberals.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermerci View Post
No offense to anyone. I've met great people from these places but here goes:

Detroit, chicago,
Most of midwest.
Anywhere where people have 2 first names like billy bob, annie sue, peggy lee,
And say "down yonder".
Why is that? I tend to really like double first names, ESPECIALLY in girls, some of the prettiest names to me are Carol Ann, LeAnn, Bobbi Jean, Peggy Sue and Mary Beth.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM

17 posts, read 18,506 times
You need to get your facts straight! the south is not ALL redneck! I admit that some places are( Georgia!) but not all of the south! And where I live I am only 15 min. from Austin Texas and that is very urban!!!!!!!!!!!! And it has no more racism than anywhere else! It is prettttyy hot here( 100 degrees in the summer) so you guys are lucky that it is very cool in the summertime where you live. I cant believe you said "Also its already hot enough in Cleveland in the summer" that is extremely cool. Not even close to hot not even close to warm actually! And I hope your not one of those people who tries to intimidate our accents because you make us sound like rednecks and we are not!!!!! We don't say yall all the time either. In fact i don't say it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya whose the bigger one NOW!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:05 PM

17 posts, read 18,506 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambermerci
No offense to anyone. I've met great people from these places but here goes:

Detroit, chicago,
Most of midwest.
Anywhere where people have 2 first names like billy bob, annie sue, peggy lee,
And say "down yonder".

No one down here has double names and nobody says down yonder unless people like you are trying to make fun of us and make themselves look stupid!!!!!

Old 07-16-2011, 03:49 PM

4 posts, read 4,686 times
Detroit, LA(i hate spread out metros)
Miami,FL, Alabama, West Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, Seattle(it's hella rainny), New Mexico(jeez c'mon i am not a camel...)

Old 07-16-2011, 04:24 PM

604 posts, read 1,511,694 times
How come all the best places to live are Liberal Cities? mmmm. It does appear the south has the lowest quality of life.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:56 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,855,884 times
Count me in for never living in Atlanta or Dallas (already made that mistake once).

Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 PM

1,495 posts, read 5,031,502 times
Of all places I have visited I wouldn't live in NC, SC, VA, D.C, NY, CT, VT, MA, NH, GA, MS, AL, most midwest or southern state

Old 07-16-2011, 06:50 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,820,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie rose View Post
You need to get your facts straight! the south is not ALL redneck! I admit that some places are( Georgia!) but not all of the south! And where I live I am only 15 min. from Austin Texas and that is very urban!!!!!!!!!!!! And it has no more racism than anywhere else! It is prettttyy hot here( 100 degrees in the summer) so you guys are lucky that it is very cool in the summertime where you live. I cant believe you said "Also its already hot enough in Cleveland in the summer" that is extremely cool. Not even close to hot not even close to warm actually! And I hope your not one of those people who tries to intimidate our accents because you make us sound like rednecks and we are not!!!!! We don't say yall all the time either. In fact i don't say it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya whose the bigger one NOW!
Are you at a rodeo or something? Why are you yelling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.