Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:17 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I don't think that a debate about Mormons and refugees is appropriate for this thread. Let's not hijack it.
And it's just my sense that the o.p. was thinking about Oregon and Washington and not Idaho despite the fact that some consider it to be part of the Northwest. Like MSR i say "yes and no". There are different ways to approach that question and, needless to say, it depends on what part of the state you're referring to.
I also do not recommend Twin Falls! It's a drag of a town imo and i'm just guessing that the schools are not the best.
O.P. what about Eugene, OR? Just a thought although i have no idea about the police department.
My intent was not to hijack the thread. Perhaps I read the original post incorrectly, I'll check again. However, it appeared to me that Seattle4321's information was outdated. I think in discussing different locations in states current information is relevant to mention, at least to me.

I really feel it depends on the specific information desired, whether Idaho is often included in the Northwest or not. Sometimes western MT. is included in the NW as well.

So yes and no, depending on what one is searching for in the NW.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,741,304 times
I just didn't want the thread to go off on a tangent regarding Mormons in Idaho. That's what i was referring to.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:51 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,432,982 times
Quote:
I just didn't want the thread to go off on a tangent regarding Mormons in Idaho. That's what i was referring to.
I hope the OPs check back as others tried to clarify which states were they considering. Maybe in the future there can be a thread about how the states included in the NW change based on different criteria.

I would think there are probably some type of Law Enforcement journals or websites that advertise jobs. One can think they have found a city or county where they would be happy, but if no law enforcement jobs are available, then it isn't a good fit for the OPs.

Good luck OPS finding new jobs and a new area where you will be happy living.

MSR

Old 05-03-2016, 07:54 AM

11 posts, read 16,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
That's why I asked the OP which states they meant.
Hi, sorry I have't been on here in a bit.
to answer your question, I grew up in Montana and Colorado which is more mid west but we are looking at Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and in that area I have also been interested in North and South Dakota. Honestly we really just want to get out of Selma AL it is going down hill fast and it is defiantly not a good place to raise a family unless you'r trying to raise a criminal. Thank you all for your help

Old 05-03-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I hope the OPs check back as others tried to clarify which states were they considering. Maybe in the future there can be a thread about how the states included in the NW change based on different criteria.

I would think there are probably some type of Law Enforcement journals or websites that advertise jobs. One can think they have found a city or county where they would be happy, but if no law enforcement jobs are available, then it isn't a good fit for the OPs.

Good luck OPS finding new jobs and a new area where you will be happy living.

MSR
Hello, there are some sites for law enforcement but since a lot of officers can get into trouble with their department for posting negative whether its true or not about the town the work in then its hard to get an honest picture of how things are run.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
OP if you include Idaho try twin falls! It's about 50,000 people, everything you need! It's in the desert, close to Boise for airport/real shopping. Nice small town. Just 1 bad side no to me but to some people they have a problem with so many Mormons being around. There really isn't that many but there is a lot. I lived there for a few years! Twin is a great town!
Thank you I will look into it. We don't mind Mormons because there are a few of them where we are at now. and we don't want to be in a larger city/ town.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
I don't think that a debate about Mormons and refugees is appropriate for this thread. Let's not hijack it.
And it's just my sense that the o.p. was thinking about Oregon and Washington and not Idaho despite the fact that some consider it to be part of the Northwest. Like MSR i say "yes and no". There are different ways to approach that question and, needless to say, it depends on what part of the state you're referring to.
I also do not recommend Twin Falls! It's a drag of a town imo and i'm just guessing that the schools are not the best.
O.P. what about Eugene, OR? Just a thought although i have no idea about the police department.
Thank you. The kind of people race or ethnic background is not a issue or problem for us as far as people are concerned we would prefer that there is a level of respect and decency in the state town and general area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.