Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2016, 04:22 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,868,644 times

Advertisements

I think it is interesting the denial of many large cities. Other then a select few like New York City and Boston that have blank checkbooks for every need or San Diego with it's suburban like city structure, it seems like most cities have few resources.

For example I read the hospital reviews of the emergency rooms in big cities with 6+ hour waits in large western cities like Las Vegas and Los Angeles. I have read the horror stories of people's experiences with filthy third-world style hospitals. Compare that to smaller cities which tend to not even have waiting rooms for emergencies if one needs medical help as they can immediately be seen.

In California they had an investigative report of dirty hospital rooms that aren't changed between patients because they can't afford it. This while hospitals in rural Tennessee and Nebraska have robots after the housekeeping has sanitized the rooms as just a precautionary measure.

I overheard two Las Vegas firefighters saying that they couldn't believe that people with heart attack systems are sent to waiting rooms with a wait for a triage nurse.

I also heard of instances in California cities where the police are unable to respond to robberies as they have no patrol units available sometimes. In small towns on the plains they would have a large amount of police in the area in no time.

Many big cities police are so overwhelmed that they can't respond to traffic accidents.

Also here in Las Vegas you have people who set up homeless camps on major tourist streets and people sleeping on sidewalks vomiting alcohol on main tourist streets. I can't imagine seeing that in a small town.

Amazing how these big cities won't admit how bad the situation is at ground level.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 05-11-2016 at 04:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.