Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times

Advertisements

no desire to debate that with you. not like I'm going to persuade you, based on previous conversations with you.

If felons were likely GOP voters, this governor doesn't give them right to vote, in my view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 08:42 PM

89 posts, read 120,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i'd rather live in a state that doesn't restore the voting rights of more than 200,000 felons as Va's governor did. It would be over for Haley is she tried that here.
This just shows how backwards and discrimintal people in SC are. I'm glad I live in a state where people aren't so prejudice and non progressive. South Carolina is pretty much another Mississippi if you ask me. 😅

Old 05-19-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romedot View Post
This just shows how backwards and discrimintal people in SC are. I'm glad I live in a state where people aren't so prejudice and non progressive. South Carolina is pretty much another Mississippi if you ask me. ��
nobody forces anybody to break the law. as I previously said, if felons were likely Republican votes, more than 200,000 of them don't get the right to vote in a swing state. This is all politics, not some kind of altruistic forgiveness thing, in my view.

people who break the law are backwards and non-progressive. I believe in the rule of law.

I do like the state of Virginia though. I must say that the unemployment rates are much higher than 4 and 6 percent in the states. I think it is at least 10 percent in both.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:07 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
no desire to debate that with you. not like I'm going to persuade you, based on previous conversations with you.

If felons were likely GOP voters, this governor doesn't give them right to vote, in my view.
So it's because you don't think they'd be likely to vote Republican. You could've just said that; don't be scared to own it.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:10 PM

89 posts, read 120,530 times
Quote:
nobody forces anybody to break the law. as I previously said, if felons were likely Republican votes, more than 200,000 of them don't get the right to vote in a swing state. This is all politics, not some kind of altruistic forgiveness thing, in my view.

people who break the law are backwards and non-progressive. I believe in the rule of law.

I do like the state of Virginia though. I must say that the unemployment rates are much higher than 4 and 6 percent in the states. I think it is at least 10 percent in both.
I believe that if a person has served their time then why punish them even more? You definitely have your facts all screwed up, Virginias unemployment rate is arguably the best, if not the best in the South. Virginia is sitting at a 4.0. That is well below the national average. South Carolina is sitting at a 5.7, the state obviously has a lot of catching up to do.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romedot View Post
I believe that if a person has served their time then why punish them even more? You definitely have your facts all screwed up, Virginias unemployment rate is arguably the best, if not the best in the South. Virginia is sitting at a 4.0. That is well below the national average. South Carolina is sitting at a 5.7, the state obviously has a lot of catching up to do.
So you have never heard about how those unemployment numbers don't count people who have given up looking for a job?

Old 05-19-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So it's because you don't think they'd be likely to vote Republican. You could've just said that; don't be scared to own it.
No, actually I'm against allowing people who raped women and other crimes from being able to vote, even if they were likely Republican voters.

I am glad that I don't live in a state in which an governor can unilaterally decide an issue like that.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
No, actually I'm against allowing people who raped women and other crimes from being able to vote, even if they were likely Republican voters.

I am glad that I don't live in a state in which an governor can unilaterally decide an issue like that.
Why are you against it, if that person has paid their debt to society and is no longer incarcerated? You've not actually given any reasons.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:21 PM

this isn't the politics or 'great debate' forum. I have no desire to talk about it with you.

In my view, the reason the Va gov did this is because he worked for the Clintons and he wants Hillary to win the election. It is a conflict of interest. He unilaterally changed the law of the state to help his friend.

Old 05-19-2016, 09:22 PM

You've never had any problems discussing politics in other forums, so why be coy now? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.