Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:50 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I would say Salt Lake City would be a good choice. I lived in Salt Lake City and there are alot of single guys there.

Salt Lake City economy is more in sector's that have higher concentrations of men. It also has alot of men for some reason who are drawn to the outdoor amenities of the state.

There are a huge difference in culture in the Avenues, East Salt Lake, Cottonwood Heights, Holladay as oppposed to the very conservative, very married suburbs like South Jordan and Draper.

Salt Lake City itself has a very yuppie feel to it as despite the city being very liberal it is very clean cut. The city has gyms everywhere also and it is a very big health city.

East Salt Lake City is very, very much like living in Boulder but slightly cheaper.

The good thing about Salt Lake City is the density of single men is very high in certain neighborhoods as opposed to Denver where you don't have as much of a difference between suburbs and city.

Denver is not that good of you a city for meeting single men. It is fairly balanced between gender wise and Denver is a more married city then people think.

I also year after year when I come back see more and more married couples in Capitol Hill, Washington Park West and the neighborhoods along Broadway that used to be haven's for singles.

I love Colorado Springs and it is known for military but in general the main demographic moving to that city is retirees and people who are married. Not to go off topic but I think Colorado Springs is a perfect city for retirees as long as they don't have elevation related breathing issues.

Phoenix is terrible for those looking to meet single guys. I would encourage every single guy to move to Phoenix as it is packed with women. Phoenix is also very married and family-oriented.

I can't even mention the amount of times I was Olde Town Scottsdale, Chandler and Arcadia and it was basically several females to each guy.

The epicenter of single men in Arizona is certainly Flagstaff, which despite it's size has a heavily single population. It is a very liberal city with a Boulder mentality.

Las Vegas used to be a good city to meet men, but it seems like it's mainly desperate married families who can't afford to live in California moving there.

My experience with California is that it has everything as long as one is not in Riverside or San Bernadino counties which are some of the most married areas in the country.

LOL. Single returned missionary men looking for a Mormon bride which would be important for the OP to be informed of. I know SLC very well and it isn't the liberal haven some make it out to be. Does it have a slight liberal edge to it? Yes. Cities like Eugene and Boise are more liberal than SLC.

SLC is liberal by Utah standards, but still conservative when compared to Denver. Comparing it to Boulder is humorous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 01:39 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
LOL. Single returned missionary men looking for a Mormon bride which would be important for the OP to be informed of. I know SLC very well and it isn't the liberal haven some make it out to be. Does it have a slight liberal edge to it? Yes. Cities like Eugene and Boise are more liberal than SLC.

SLC is liberal by Utah standards, but still conservative when compared to Denver. Comparing it to Boulder is humorous.
Agree. She makes it sound like SLC has more available men than Denver, which is def not true. While I agree with others who pointed out that Denver is a more "married city" than many think, it still has far more single men than women compared to SLC. Also, I see a ton of beautiful, fit women walking alone in Salt Lake City than I do in Denver. The Mormon church has more females than males, and Mormon women on average are more desirable as wives compared to an unhealthy, unfit non-Mormon woman who exhibits loose morals. So you'd be competing with that in Utah. I have two very close friends who are the sterotypical Mormon women (pretty, naturally blonde/redhead, well-educated, fit) and they complain that there aren't enough successful Mormon guys to go around in Utah.

But the issue with Denver is that while there may be plenty of fish in the pond, many/most have no desire to swim with another fish. It's a pond of bachelors/lone rangers who want to keep it that way.

Quite frankly, I think any woman would have an easier time in Chicago or DC. At least in those cities, people come there for work and nothing more. You don't have to weed through bum hipsters and ski bums/beach bums who just want to live out their boyhood forever.

In San Diego and LA, you'll be competing against women who look like Megan Fox. Same in Phoenix and Dallas, to some degree.

You could try Portland or Seattle, but good luck. Youll have the opposite problemthan san diego. (only someone who has lived there would get the humor behind this). There is a whole army of butt ugly liberal women ready to defend their city from anything pretty.

Moral of the story here is that western cities are dating disasters.

The most pleasantly average faces ive seen - not ugly but not exactly HOT or uberfeminine - were in NYC and some Chicago suburbs. I think higher population =better chances for symmetrical faces.

Last edited by skidamarink; 05-23-2016 at 02:08 PM..

Old 05-23-2016, 07:01 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I would say Salt Lake City would be a good choice. I lived in Salt Lake City and there are alot of single guys there.

Salt Lake City economy is more in sector's that have higher concentrations of men. It also has alot of men for some reason who are drawn to the outdoor amenities of the state.

There are a huge difference in culture in the Avenues, East Salt Lake, Cottonwood Heights, Holladay as oppposed to the very conservative, very married suburbs like South Jordan and Draper.

Salt Lake City itself has a very yuppie feel to it as despite the city being very liberal it is very clean cut. The city has gyms everywhere also and it is a very big health city.

East Salt Lake City is very, very much like living in Boulder but slightly cheaper.

The good thing about Salt Lake City is the density of single men is very high in certain neighborhoods as opposed to Denver where you don't have as much of a difference between suburbs and city.

Denver is not that good of you a city for meeting single men. It is fairly balanced between gender wise and Denver is a more married city then people think.

I also year after year when I come back see more and more married couples in Capitol Hill, Washington Park West and the neighborhoods along Broadway that used to be haven's for singles.

I love Colorado Springs and it is known for military but in general the main demographic moving to that city is retirees and people who are married. Not to go off topic but I think Colorado Springs is a perfect city for retirees as long as they don't have elevation related breathing issues.

Phoenix is terrible for those looking to meet single guys. I would encourage every single guy to move to Phoenix as it is packed with women. Phoenix is also very married and family-oriented.

I can't even mention the amount of times I was Olde Town Scottsdale, Chandler and Arcadia and it was basically several females to each guy.

The epicenter of single men in Arizona is certainly Flagstaff, which despite it's size has a heavily single population. It is a very liberal city with a Boulder mentality.

Las Vegas used to be a good city to meet men, but it seems like it's mainly desperate married families who can't afford to live in California moving there.

My experience with California is that it has everything as long as one is not in Riverside or San Bernadino counties which are some of the most married areas in the country.
I haven't seen a sex ratio list in a while but Phoenix (like most of the West) had a large male surplus. I would be surprised if that changed in the last few years.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:22 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Well, Salt Lake City is apparently liberal enough to have an openly lesbian mayor.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:28 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, Salt Lake City is apparently liberal enough to have an openly lesbian mayor.
LGBT isn't locked in with liberal anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.