Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 12:14 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,347,342 times

Advertisements

Seven city streets worth a trip on their own

Main Street in Greenville SC is one of their selections:

Main Street, Greenville, S.C.
For lots of action within a short one-mile distance, visitors can find 100+ local restaurants as well as boutiques and attractions within one square mile of Main Street. A typical stroll might look like this: artisanal tasting at Dark Corner Distillery or aerial view cocktail at Sip Rooftop Bar, local shopping at Llyn Strong jewelers and J.Britt Boutique, a show at Peace Center for the Performing Arts, and a meal at Soby's New South Cuisine. Don’t miss live music on the Roost’s nation in NOMA Square (Thursdays and Fridays in spring and summer), For some urban nature, Falls Park on the Reedy is lined with twinkling light-adorned trees and features trails and the Liberty Bridge overlooking local waterfalls. Afterward continue down Main to the West End for highlights like the Fenway-inspired Fluor Field, the Baija Flor denim salon, the woman-focused Pedal Chic cycle shop, and art offerings like the Mice of Main public mice sculptures and street art at Art Crossing near Falls Park.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 12:53 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,539,370 times
Hey, you might want to be more of a homer, you aren't boosting nearly hard enough.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:19 PM

5,005 posts, read 5,621,231 times
Downtown Greenville is really cool. For a small-mid sized city, I'm not sure there are too many Main Streets/Downtowns that can compete with the combination of shops, restaurants, park space, and street activity that Greenvillle has. There are cities 3X it's size that can only wish they had a retail presence like it. Is it worth an extended drive out of one's way? Honestly, I wouldn't plan a vacation solely around any of these places. But, I'm not sure there's any street I would solely plan a vacation around, except possibly The Strip in Vegas, and even then, I would want to venture elsewhere.

Greenville seems like it would be a nice place to live, and a great weekend trip for those from Atlanta and Charlotte, which, while they in their own ways have more activity, Greenville has a nicer feel to it's downtown than either of theirs.

Haven't been to any of the others, even Frenchmen Street (even though I spent 4-5 days in NOLA).

Old 05-24-2016, 01:28 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,318,357 times
main street in napa sounds really cool, I have alot fo friends in the bay area and have always wanted to take a trip to that wine country area, I just assumed it would be alot of wine tours and not much else to do. sounds really cool. even a blue note jazz club

main Street, Napa, Calif.

"In this world-class wine region's downtown, Main Street features everything you need for a well-rounded trip. Take a walk on the scenic Napa Riverfront, pair a two-Michelin Star chef meal with river views on Ninebark’s third-floor rooftop patio, see a performance at the Napa Valley Opera House (with its soon-to-open Blue Note jazz club in the basement), or get a wine-inspired treatment like a “Grape Love Body Polish” or an “Antioxidant Facial” — both infused with crushed grape seeds — at The Spa at Napa River Inn. Of course, wine tasting is a must, with a Main Street favorite being Vintage Sweet Shoppe for their chocolate and wine pairings, like chili chocolate with zinfandel and lemon white chocolate with sauvignon blanc."

Old 05-24-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroninja42 View Post
Hey, you might want to be more of a homer, you aren't boosting nearly hard enough.
it think everything is going to be ok tho. feel free to plug Raleigh or other cities.

I knew that I would see an article like this praising Greenville's downtown after you and others were disparaging it in contrast with Charleston and Hampton Roads. This always happens for me.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:29 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,822,260 times
Frenchmen is cool - but a whole trip around it? It's not long - maybe 3-4 blocks with several music venues.

2nd Ave in Seattle is a nice area, but not a particular stand out IMHO compared to the rest of the city. Seattle as a whole is pretty awesome, but I wouldn't label one street a must see.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:04 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,871,057 times
Greenville is a nice but I would recommend the main streets of Brevard, Saluda, or Highlands.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:07 PM

those are some small downtowns tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.