Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 03:17 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,044 times

Advertisements

Okay yeah, so it's the fourth biggest city but seriously c'mon.... Houston? Really?!!

I'm sure it's a nice place but it can't seriously be half as important or even half as decent to live in as the people on this website say.

The Geto Boys are from Houston, right?

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 03:27 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Uh-huh. Houston. Really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWereRabbit View Post
The Geto Boys are from Houston, right?

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta
Yup. And Chamillionaire.

They see me rollin

They hatin...

This city could be a hell of a lot better. In fact, it sucks so much I left it and came back after about a year or so of wanting to be back.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:03 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,680,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Uh-huh. Houston. Really.

Yup. And Chamillionaire.

They see me rollin

They hatin...

This city could be a hell of a lot better. In fact, it sucks so much I left it and came back after about a year or so of wanting to be back.
And who? Mike Jones! And Devin the Dude and... other local music and art, and cheap eats and Chinatown and Montrose, Midtown, River Oaks, Rice Village, and the Heights, and the Museum District, and the people, the people, the people. Mostly nice, but not in that superficial way I don't think, they *really* do want to be your friend, casual, laid-back without an ounce of pretension. And the food? Did I mention the food? This is due to the city's D I V E R S I T Y and entrepreneurial spirit... if you build a restaurant, they will come eat at it. If it's good, they will keep coming back. Come to Houston around 5:30-7:00 p.m. and go eat at a local mom-and-pop restaurant. You will see a good cross-section of Houstonians chowing down and there you go.

Awww, jfre81, quit yer whining and move inside the loop already! You know you want to. It's a whole different world and e~x*p~e*r~i*e~n*c~e, I promise. What's holding you back anyway?

Or was that sarcasm?

Old 02-16-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Awww, jfre81, quit yer whining and move inside the loop already! You know you want to. It's a whole different world and e~x*p~e*r~i*e~n*c~e, I promise. What's holding you back anyway?
I already have. I'm in Midtown, squatting in the old Central Bank building and leeching off somebody's wi-fi from 2016 Main or maybe the Greyhound station, where all my friends who just checked out of the Huntsville Hilton hang out. It smells like ass in here and I wake up to crackheads stripping wiring out of the walls, but it could be worse. I could live in Dallas.

Oh yeah...Devin The Dude. How could I forget. Nothing not to like about a guy who can constantly rap about weed and women and keep it fresh for upwards of a decade.

Houston also gave us the greatest rock band of all time - Rusted Shut! What melodic bliss it is.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,415,192 times
Devin The Dude. Don't forget K-Rino, South Park Coalition, Trae, Z-Ro, and BEYONCE!

Old 02-16-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah...Devin The Dude. How could I forget. Nothing not to like about a guy who can constantly rap about weed and women and keep it fresh for upwards of a decade.

Houston also gave us the greatest rock band of all time - Rusted Shut! What melodic bliss it is.
I like how he name-checks Houston streets and landmarks. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ah, yes, Rusted Shut, a Houston institution. But melodic bliss? Not so much.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Devin The Dude. Don't forget K-Rino, South Park Coalition, Trae, Z-Ro, and BEYONCE!
You forgot Bun B and Pimp C/UGK. And Fat Pat. And DJ Screw. And Lil Keke... lol

But there are others besides rappers. Music of Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 AM

2,703 posts, read 3,415,192 times
Don't forget Scarface, Big Moe, Big HAWK, Slim Thug, and Guerilla Maab (hint hint, that's where I got my name from).

Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 AM

Eh, UGK are (were?) from Port Arthur. I guess, just this once, we'll claim PA as part of us. But never again.

RIP Pimp C.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Eh, UGK are (were?) from Port Arthur. I guess, just this once, we'll claim PA as part of us. But never again.

RIP Pimp C.
Yeah, yeah, but they grew in popularity here.
LOL @ claiming Port Arthur. I agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.