Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 01:11 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Stereotypes upon stereotypes. You really meed to het out and explore the world. The South is not all obese rednecks and the Southwest is not all happy-go-lucky hippies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
When my brother stereotypes the "South" he really means the Southeast. He stereotypes Southeasterners as fat, racist and not doing much in life. I agree with him. We visited a restaurant in Tennessee when I was little and the waitstaff refused to serve us for being brown. The Southwest is very outdoorsy and is much more scenic. Southwest has a nicer climate, since it is a desert climate. The desert heat is much more comfortable than the awful humid heat back East. The Southwest is more like the West Coast. My mom is from California and she loved visiting Arizona (but said too hot for her to live there) and she said people from the Southwest are very nice and the scenery is gorgeous. All of these things offer more outdoor activities. I love the hippy type of people you find in the Desert Southwest. Southeast is more conservative and religious, but the Southeast probably more laid back than the Northeast and the Mid-Atlantic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.