Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 05:11 PM

379 posts, read 289,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Uh, the OP described practically every city in the Southeast north of central Florida.
The OP described all of Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 05:14 PM

5 posts, read 2,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I was in Orlando in December and it is very woody.

I love lush scenery myself and loved all the Pine Trees in Florida, especially Orlando.

I also know that alot of the land on the outskirts of metropolitan areas in North and Central Florida is rather affordable and there many properties that are acreages.
I never considered Florida. I had been to Orlando as a kid and in different parts of Florida but it was alll touristy. I will research the other areas. Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Check out Asheville, NC. Its sunny and in the 50s in the winter. In New Mexico; Silver City and Ruidoso could also work. Very sunny winters. Another option would be Arkansas unless you cant stand hot summers.
Awesome! Thank you. I will definitely check out New Mexico and Ashville. I think I have a high school friend in Ashville. Is there woods in NM? Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
The northern CA coast, or southern OR coast. Mild year round, lots of woods, no snow. But, there are a lot of overcast days and rain. Year round temps basically 60's during the day and 50's at night.

Not much in the way of jobs up here, though.
Argh. Overcast and rain makes me feel so lazy! But the landscape up there is so beautiful. I bet the hiking trails are amazing. Many thanks for the advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipe0ut2020 View Post
Anywhere in the coastal Southeast US (stretching from the Texas Gulf Coast east to Florida, then as far north as North Carolina), or the lower Pacific Northwest (Northern California and Southern Oregon).
I have a lot of area to check out. I need to travel more. Luckily, City Data has a lot of threads about each city mentioned and I can research city numbers/stats. Many thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Uh, the OP described practically every city in the Southeast north of central Florida.
Yeah. I have a lot of work to do when it comes to finding the exact right place for me. I haven't spent a lot of time in the SE - been to Florida and NC and passed through the eastern states leading down to Florida but am not personally familiar with the others west of there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.