Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 08:21 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times

Advertisements

Barcelona, Mykonos, agree Tel Aviv.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2020, 12:47 PM

626 posts, read 463,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Barcelona, Mykonos, agree Tel Aviv.
I followed the OP's lead and listed U.S. cities but that's a good list.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:46 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,547,418 times
Yes, I agree about Santa Monica (with the exception of nightlife and nightclubs)......Outside US I keep on hearing great things about Tel Aviv and really need to hit it before I get too old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Gatsby View Post
It’s not like anything else in the US. Out of the places I’ve been in the US, Santa Monica is the closest. Barcelona is very different with all this history, but the people had a similar feel which makes me think Ibiza might be the closest thing to Miami Beach in the world.

Old 09-15-2022, 05:44 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
A few weeks ago I did some streetview of Tampico, Mexico and it was eerily similar to most of Miami. Can't speak on Miami Beach though.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:18 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
I haven’t really seen Panama City listed, so came by to say that, at least on a certain level. Maybe not citywide. But similar in the international culture present and fact that those two are probably the closest equivalents LatAm has to Hong Kong and Singapore respectively, in that sense of being regional business/etc hubs.

I would say the similarity would be much more present specifically with Brickell and Obarrio rather than looking at things on a citywide basis. I can definitely see the comparison between Santa Monica and Miami Beach.

I’m also wondering how much Gold Coast might be a candidate, though I’m thinking it’s similarities might be more with Sunny Isles Beach and North Beach.

There aren’t that many areas that are prominently urban Cuban districts in the US. In that sense I’d say parts of Ybor City and West Tampa might call that section of Miami to mind, at least somewhat, but probably moreso West Tampa as Ybor a little too dense and old to feel Miami-like.

I’m kinda on a run here, lol, but just throwing out there, that Wynwood and Design District in Miami might bear some similarities to say, West Queen West and Yorkville in Toronto, respectively.

Last but not least, I could see Coral Gables/Coconut Grove being reminisced a little bit in the form of Winter Park in Orlando, the Park Cities in Dallas, perhaps Beverly Hills loosely.

I also saw Condado and South Beach compared. Condado seemed calmer to me overall, but otherwise pretty apt. I’d also say Miraflores in Lima is a little bit similar also, despite also being very different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.