Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:04 PM

128 posts, read 249,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr roboto View Post
Minneapolis. Outside or Boston most colleges per capita. Major Big10 research school, about a dozen small privates in the core cities.

Light rail connects MPLS and StP and the airport, Mall of America, all major sports and concert venues and dozens of neighborhoods.

Look along the Hiawatha line in Southeast MPLS or along the green line between StP and MPLS.
Thank you. I need to do more research on Minneapolis. I just see that it's been mentioned a lot as a good place to live, and don't know much about it other than the harsh winters How is it compared it other cities on my list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 12:11 PM

128 posts, read 249,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Perhaps you could also consider the Upstate NY cities, which have multiple colleges/universities and a lower cost of living? You could live in select suburbs as well. https://www.suny.edu/attend/find-a-suny-campus/

Another area like the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area of PA could also potentially work for the same reasons. All of them allow you to check them out due to generally closer proximity to Brooklyn.
Thanks a lot! I need to do some research on these.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:22 PM

92,053 posts, read 122,237,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loss4words View Post
Thanks a lot! I need to do some research on these.
For home searches of Upstate NY cities, this may work: RealtyUSA - Upstate NY and Northern PA Real Estate

Old 09-05-2016, 01:15 PM

26,836 posts, read 43,324,756 times
I would also suggest a look at Atlanta which offers as many transit options as other cities you're considering plus a thriving job market and a very favorable cost of living, minus ridiculous winters.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:35 PM

1,349 posts, read 1,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I would also suggest a look at Atlanta which offers as many transit options as other cities you're considering plus a thriving job market and a very favorable cost of living, minus ridiculous winters.
But ridiculous summers.

Old 09-06-2016, 08:51 PM

450 posts, read 1,198,998 times
Chicago or St Louis...for me I am tired of the winters that's why I didn't look at Chicago. Heading to the south just trying to figure out which city.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:42 AM

450 posts, read 1,198,998 times
I have found ATL pay sucks...really low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post

Old 09-07-2016, 03:35 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,294,253 times
You should visit any prospective cities.

What are your specific interests? Cleveland offers superior pro sports and cultural institutions with a relatively low cost of living. It has great parks, including Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and the recreational assets afforded by Lake Erie. See post 4 here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/city-...apolis-vs.html

Chicago and Illinois face massive budget problems which likely will lead to higher taxes and/or service cuts in coming years. Research this.

Emanuel eyes utility tax increase to save largest pension fund | Chicago Sun-Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.