Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 09:36 AM

450 posts, read 1,203,100 times

Advertisements

And your ignorant.....show me a culture...gender of ppl that are perfect.....I lived in Goshen and was surrounded by sexual pedophiles and now heroin addicts...oh well I guess other races are perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
The poster has a point and I'm black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 10:25 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydunn View Post
And your ignorant.....show me a culture...gender of ppl that are perfect.....I lived in Goshen and was surrounded by sexual pedophiles and now heroin addicts...oh well I guess other races are perfect.
I didn't say anyone was perfect. Where I live the black population is about 47%, but over 90% of the police calls are because of black folks, and most of those calls are over stupid petty stuff, pure drama most of the time. Maybe if our officers didn't have to waste so much of their time on those calls they would have more time to deal with real issues like meth users and pedophiles.

Like I said, I don't care what anyone else thinks, I know what I see everyday.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:28 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,228,788 times
^^^ The issue with being a cop anywhere is that areas with low incomes and higher levels of poverty regardless of race are going to have the most crime issues. Whether it's back country West Virginia, South Central LA, Tijuana Mexico or Newark New Jersey. There is going to be a lot of petty crime including theft, burglary etc., vandalism. Being a cop in those areas would be rough and has been since like forever. The issue has always been about the $. Poor areas have more crime and cops make less and so there is less control of the crime or it cost more to employ good cops.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:35 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Alright, i am not going to lie i have thought about becoming a cop in the past( now i am old and over it). Which city do you think it would offer the best "package" for an officer. That being:
Cheap cost of living
Higher Salary
Not too violent but not to dull
Respect( with so many controversies it would be good to be a cop where they wouldn't crucify you)
Providence, RI.

most doughnut shops per capita (25.3 doughnut shops per 100,000 people)

Old 09-08-2016, 08:27 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,380,546 times
Pay in Scottsdale :
Deputy Salary Range $51,584 - 70,574 Annually(Does not include uniform allowance, holidays or overtime)
That's pretty decent...An officers often pack a good amount of overtime.

Old 09-08-2016, 09:24 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
The average street cop in the LAPD makes $75k/year, over $100k easy for the higher ranks (Lieutenant and up)

Old 09-09-2016, 06:27 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,563,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydunn View Post
Cities with high black populations are indeed dangerous. Baltimore, Detroit, Camden, Newark.... or even sections of cities with high black population.. DC, NYC, Philly, CHICAGO, St. Louis, New Orleans...

It is what it is. Name me a city with a black population over 40% that has a low crime rate like Portland, OR.

Old 09-09-2016, 06:56 AM

18 posts, read 11,176 times
I think an outer suburb of a major city would be the best to be a cop these days. Avoid most of the inner cities, because too many hate cops and don't want to be policed.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:02 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
Cities with high black populations are indeed dangerous. Baltimore, Detroit, Camden, Newark.... or even sections of cities with high black population.. DC, NYC, Philly, CHICAGO, St. Louis, New Orleans...

It is what it is. Name me a city with a black population over 40% that has a low crime rate like Portland, OR.
Romulus, MI
DeSoto, TX
Maple Heights, OH
Trotwood, OH (Dayton suburb) comes close
Mobile and Montgomery, AL come pretty close too.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:49 AM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funtraveler1 View Post
wow...I respect your opinion tho.

But I agree with Austin. Nashville too. Hear alot of people say it's one of the coolest, most tame police forces in the country. Pay is good too. Another is Miami.
Unless things have changed recently, you couldn't pay me $1 million to be a cop in Nashville.

Miami used to require a ride-along for all potential applicants. After that, most never return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.