Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2016, 05:43 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,328,903 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 05:45 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,397,856 times
lame video is lame. the fact you went on youtube and searched for that is depressing. the funny thing is I don't think average person who works at Vanderbilt or attended Vanderbilt would have a problem with my assertion Clemson is at least as good as Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt to me appears to be a liberal arts school with a token engineering school. it is weird they don't offer business majors but offer engineering majors.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:47 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Checked out Vanderbilt's website. Clemson offers a lot more undergraduate majors than Vanderbilt especially in the life sciences, in addition to engineering and architecture.

Vanderbilt does not even have a business college which is crzy given business programs are usually the most popular at colleges. Clemson has a high ranked business school.

It is weird how Vandy and other 'elite' colleges have a college of arts and sciences. Clemson doesn't have liberal arts programs and science programs housed with the same college.

Many of Vanderbilt majors look like they are really they should only be minors. For example 'German and European Studies' wouldn't hurt as a minor but I think it is a better idea to do a traditional major to improve ability to get a job. German and European Studies is too niche.

Vanderbilt's divinity college def. blows out Clemson's because Clemson does not have one.
You're delusional. Clemson has an acceptance rate of 53%. Vandy has an acceptance rate of 9%.
Clemson's middle 50% ACT scores are 27-31, Vandy is 32-35. Vanderbilt pulls a lot of kids that also apply to Ivy League school.

Vanderbilt is a better school, period. We are currently doing college research with my oldest. He has Vandy level stats, but Clemson is one the schools we are considering because they have a great high level scholarship program. I just wish that Clemson had better colors. The orange and purple are pretty awful together.
So saying Clemson is not as good as Vandy doesn't mean I diskike Clemson. It's just truth.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
lame video is lame. the fact you went on youtube and searched for that is depressing. the funny thing is I don't think average person who works at Vanderbilt or attended Vanderbilt would have a problem with my assertion Clemson is at least as good as Vanderbilt.
LOL, I've known about that video for years. A Gamecock friend of mine shared it with me.

You seem very sensitive and insecure.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:49 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,100,062 times
Quote:
lame video is lame. the fact you went on youtube and searched for that is depressing. the funny thing is I don't think average person who works at Vanderbilt or attended Vanderbilt would have a problem with my assertion Clemson is at least as good as Vanderbilt.
That's simply not true. I love Ohio State to death but I wouldn't pretend like we are academically superior to UChicago or Northwestern. Clemson is a fine school, overall academically it is not as prestigious as Vanderbilt.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
Quote:
lame video is lame. the fact you went on youtube and searched for that is depressing. the funny thing is I don't think average person who works at Vanderbilt or attended Vanderbilt would have a problem with my assertion Clemson is at least as good as Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt to me appears to be a liberal arts school with a token engineering school. it is weird they don't offer business majors but offer engineering majors.
My cousin is a professor from Vandy, and she asked us why we we're even considering Clemson with his stats. That didn't change our opinion, but I know she definitely thinks Clemson is a big step down from Vandy.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:51 PM

vandy is a tiny school and it is private, no requirement to take in state students. That is the only reason it is more selective.

acceptance rates is not proof the quality of the programs is better. That is an illogical assumption.

the grades and test scores of high schoolers is meaningless. I know a lot of people who were slackers in high school but once they got into college and matured and majored in their interest, they blossomed. Your logic is that a school with more Tracy Flicks from the movie Election are better.

Vanderbilt looks like a mickey mouse college to me, like going to high school again. No business school. Few science majors. Clemson is definitely a lot better for STEM students.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvols View Post
LOL, I've known about that video for years. A Gamecock friend of mine shared it with me.

You seem very sensitive and insecure.
by sensitive and insecure, you mean that I say things you don't agree with. I can just as easily accuse of you of being sensitive and insecure because I made fun of fact you posted the video. It is empty rhetoric.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
That's simply not true. I love Ohio State to death but I wouldn't pretend like we are academically superior to UChicago or Northwestern. Clemson is a fine school, overall academically it is not as prestigious as Vanderbilt.
ok, that is an opinion. you have not credibility to compare two school you never attended. do you review and compare restaurants you never ate at? You are speculating.

How is Vandy better than Clemson if it has no business school? It has no architecture program. Clemson has more engineering programs and more life science programs and other undergraduate majors like graphic design and packaging science that lead to high paying jobs right at graduation. I guarantee you that Clemson's 4 year degree average starting salary is higher than Vandy's. Any school with more engineers and science students has a smarter student body than a small liberal arts school. Nothing against liberal arts but it isn't as difficult as math, science, technical fields.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
by sensitive and insecure, you mean that I say things you don't agree with. I can just as easily accuse of you of being sensitive and insecure because I made fun of fact you posted the video. It is empty rhetoric.
You're not saying things I don't agree with. You're saying things that no one agrees with.

There's a difference.

And I posted the video because reading your commentary immediately made me think of it. You're delusional beyond belief.

Anyways, I'm done with it. Homers are gonna homer. Toodles!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.