Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 08:57 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times

Advertisements

How long have you been in Texas? Its not hot for all that long. This past October was really warm but the one before was more pleasantly cool and November 2014 saw freezing weather early in the month. West Texas has more favourable weather, in my opinion. Same temperature variance as North Texas but way less humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 09:05 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,972,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here's an interesting site that gives stats on where people move to and from in the US.

State-to-State Population Migration

As you can see, Texas leads the nation in net migration FROM other states TO Texas.

However, of course even though Texas consistently grows in net migration (from other states, not counting immigration from other countries) rather than shrinks, here are some states that are popular destinations for people leaving Texas:

California
Colorado
Louisiana
Florida
Oklahoma

Out of those states, more people moved FROM Texas than TO Texas in Colorado, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. Florida and California lost more people to Texas than they gained from Texas.
I was going to guess Colorado. I knew a lot of people that moved there because they didn't like TX weather/geography.

Old 11-14-2016, 09:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I agree, Badger - we had an unusually warm October this year - and the year before. Prior to the past two years, we've had really nice Octobers most of the time.

About four years ago we had a white Christmas. Granted it was only a couple of inches but it was still cool.

I think that was also the year that it was FREEZING COLD for quite a while in January - I mean like highs in the 20s, which is really unusual for northeast Texas.

The weather the past few days has been spectacular here - highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s and abundant sunshine and some fall colors peeking out. It's going to get close to 80 for a day or two this week and then we get a cold front just in time for Thanksgiving - with the highs around 60 and lows near freezing over the weekend - YIPPEE!

Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
How long have you been in Texas? Its not hot for all that long. This past October was really warm but the one before was more pleasantly cool and November 2014 saw freezing weather early in the month. West Texas has more favourable weather, in my opinion. Same temperature variance as North Texas but way less humidity.
Texas is known for extreme changes in weather, and it seems most years we have a dramatic shift from summer to autumn. With the exception of record breaking rainfall, this has not been an extreme year for most of the state, so we're seeing a much more gradual transition between seasons. Now that La Nina is here, we're supposed to expect a warm and dry winter as well.

Old 11-15-2016, 10:54 AM

Sigh. I don't want a warm winter. We had one of those last year. I like winter to be cold. Here's hoping for some frosty days!

Old 11-15-2016, 04:26 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sigh. I don't want a warm winter. We had one of those last year. I like winter to be cold. Here's hoping for some frosty days!
Highs in the 60s here.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:05 PM

628 posts, read 818,784 times
I have a home outside the state, but currently living in North Texas. I arrived in August, and it was my first experience of a southern humid summer. Not only was it very uncomfortable to be outside for long, the heat lasted well into the night (It didn't cool down much like the coastal areas). Weather was pretty much unbearable outside until mid October when it started cooling down. Late October and November have been very nice however. Mostly sunny and Pretty much mid 70s highs with around 50% humidity.

Old 11-15-2016, 05:26 PM

7,528 posts, read 10,255,733 times
It's supposed to be in the mid-80s in Houston for the next few days. It's mid-November.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:46 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,786,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine to Vine View Post
It's supposed to be in the mid-80s in Houston for the next few days. It's mid-November.
And Houston is located on the Gulf Coast; not the Mid Atlantic.

Old 11-15-2016, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Highs in the 60s here.
High of 60 here by Thursday. I'll be fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.