Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,996,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkrishan View Post
I'm okay if Jan. temps dip to 60, but nothing brlow that. Plus, I'm not a fan of humidity.
In that case forget Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 11:26 AM

9,436 posts, read 10,705,996 times
I think Phoenix or Tucson is the OPs best bet. The no rain//humidity thing rules out alot

Old 02-18-2017, 01:55 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,723,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C24L View Post
I agree.Do the average highs for Phoenix dip below 70 during winter?I think so maybe but I am not for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Yes, our normal high is below 70° from December 6th thru February 4th. But that said, our normal high only drops to 65°
Yeah we are just a bit under 70.

However Phoenix and Tucson are some of the most, err, temperate desert cities. For an example Vegas sees similar summer highs as us but colder winter weather. And they have less rain. But because of colder temps in the winter I didn't recommend Vegas. El Paso is higher elevation so colder and I didn't recommend that either. Albuquerque and Salt Lake City are out of question because they are high desert cities (Vegas is not high desert, same elevation as Tucson).

If 70 was a locked-in figure (OP said they could go to the 60s) then really Yuma would be the only option. Yuma, Lake Havasu, etc. with incredibly low elevation below 1000'. Yuma I believe has places that dip down below sea level.

Old 02-18-2017, 02:07 PM

23,690 posts, read 9,247,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Yeah we are just a bit under 70.

However Phoenix and Tucson are some of the most, err, temperate desert cities. For an example Vegas sees similar summer highs as us but colder winter weather. And they have less rain. But because of colder temps in the winter I didn't recommend Vegas. El Paso is higher elevation so colder and I didn't recommend that either. Albuquerque and Salt Lake City are out of question because they are high desert cities (Vegas is not high desert, same elevation as Tucson).

If 70 was a locked-in figure (OP said they could go to the 60s) then really Yuma would be the only option. Yuma, Lake Havasu, etc. with incredibly low elevation below 1000'. Yuma I believe has places that dip down below sea level.
Okay, I see.I was gonna suggest Yuma but then I remembered that I saw that it has high unemployment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.