Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 11:08 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times

Advertisements

Most everywhere with a humid subtropical and continental climate, so basically most of the eastern US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2017, 12:18 PM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Most everywhere with a humid subtropical and continental climate, so basically most of the eastern US.
Basically all of the US except the west coast has challenging summers. Varying degrees, yes, but to say eastern US, you are leavign out Missouri, Zona, etc.

Old 04-07-2017, 03:05 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Raleigh! Well, it has a mild four seasons.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,568,606 times
The mid-Atlantic (DC-MD-VA-DE) definitely.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:06 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Reno has great 4 season weather. The area doesn't has as much tree as New England or the Midwest. The old area with mature trees as great fall color.

Old 04-08-2017, 05:19 PM

2,611 posts, read 2,882,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nn2036 View Post
Reno has great 4 season weather. The area doesn't has as much tree as New England or the Midwest. The old area with mature trees as great fall color.
These are few pics I took last Fall in Reno

Old 04-08-2017, 09:03 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,362,007 times
I am an Atlanta native, so perhaps I am a little biased/ used to it, but I honestly don't find our summers usually all that oppressive. I have certainly found it much more unpleasantly hot and humid in the Carolinas, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, District of Columbia, Tidewater areas of Virginia and Maryland, St. Louis, Kansas City, Arkansas, Western Tennessee, and yes even South Georgia. Metro Atlanta summers are mild in comparison to all those places (few people realize that we can go years without reaching the century mark) Come sit beside me on my tree shaded porch with a glass of sweet tea this summer; you will LOVE it!

Old 04-09-2017, 01:06 PM

12,840 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
I am an Atlanta native, so perhaps I am a little biased/ used to it, but I honestly don't find our summers usually all that oppressive. I have certainly found it much more unpleasantly hot and humid in the Carolinas, Texas, Louisiana, Florida, District of Columbia, Tidewater areas of Virginia and Maryland, St. Louis, Kansas City, Arkansas, Western Tennessee, and yes even South Georgia. Metro Atlanta summers are mild in comparison to all those places (few people realize that we can go years without reaching the century mark) Come sit beside me on my tree shaded porch with a glass of sweet tea this summer; you will LOVE it!
Just looking at data, Atlanta looks slightly warmer than DC. I know the winters are warmer.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:33 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,265,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
The thing is, with the humidity it feels hotter than it is and the shade doesn't offer the same relief. In drier places the shade can drop the temperature significantly, not so much if you are swimming in the air.

Houston certainly has worse summer weather and probably Dallas as well, but that isn't saying much at all both have brutal summers.

Atlanta is slightly warmer than DC in the summer which is also legendary for being uncomfortable, hot and humid.

Sweet tea does sound nice though!

Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 PM

10,109 posts, read 9,971,621 times
Little known facts:

-New York State is one of the most humid states in the country
-Philly is the most humid of the major Bos-Wash cities; NYC is the least humid
-LA his a higher daily relative humidity average than Miami and Houston
-Memphis is less humid than Philly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.