Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 08:57 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesperateHobo View Post
I know what the Section 8 voucher is. I have been on it several times, and abandoned it each time.

And what are the names of these two magical cities with nice Section 9 homes in the good part of town?

And how long are their waiting lists?
I mean, what you consider GOOD is irrational, so there is no point in me even seeking answers to this.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:59 PM

69 posts, read 34,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
So do that. If you don't appreciate any of the homes that people are in long lines years long desperate to have you are ungrateful.

Also, you can't save anything that way, you said, so go live in a tent and save up your income so that you can buy your little plot with your little trailer.

Although since you only pay $12 that doesn't make any sense, I am only going off what you said.

Nothing wrong with that. I just watched Captain Jack and except for the stealing and some other things I feel he raised those children well that way.

There are no more ideas than the ones you already rejected. your wife already asked about buying an RV and all these options were already discussed and discarded by her already.

you have your $700 disability but you also rely on food stamps. After paying only $12 for housing you surely can save as much as in a tent, but whatever. If you like the tent better.
Why should I be grateful to live in hell?

And I am sorry, but when did my wife post anything?

Old 04-16-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
There is no logic. They want the government to give them more. I can't remember if the wife is disabled. I don't think so. So there is just the one revenue stream of $700, food stamps, medicaid and I forget whether they have TANF. Probably.

All the freebies are why their bank accounts can't hold more than a small amount. But the freebies aren't enough. They have higher standards.

They are better than all the other horrible dead-beat poor people around them.

This Godforsaken ****hole of a country doesn't recognize that these poor people, who do nothing to improve their situation, are better than all the others like them. They deserve more for some reason.

There is no logic to be found......
Excuse me???

When did I EVER ask for anything?

If sharing ideas is too much for you, get off my thread!

And how am I not trying to improve our situation?

THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS THREAD!

Old 04-16-2017, 09:05 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
When did I once ask for a handout?

And I fail to see why anyone should have to work at all to live at the same standard of everyone else?

Wow, unbelievable. It's a little hard to have compassion and understanding when you say things like this, it makes it hard for anyone to take you serious. Plus, seems like you have all the answers and know everything already. Nothing anyone have said so far could work for you. Just seem like everyone here is just wasting their time telling you anything, like you are set in your ways.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:10 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:

And I fail to see why anyone should have to work at all to live at the same standard of everyone else?
You can't feed 7 people on $700 a month, that is $25 a week per person - so how are you feeding your family and how do you manage to pay for medical care?

Old 04-16-2017, 09:28 PM

3,332 posts, read 3,691,596 times
Quote:

Wow, just wow. I gave you my recommendation. Middle of the mountains away from society. You can acquire food and shelter from the land, homeschool your kids and crap down a mountain side on a slope so you won't have sewage issues.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:29 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Yeah, sorry....even in this country if you are poor and disabled there are limitations on what you can obtain. You're not going to find a 4-bedroom house in a safe, quiet area with no neighbors with a household income of $8400 a year.
Your best bet is to become a survivalist in Alaska or Idaho where you can hunt and grow all your own food. If that's physically impossible, then you are going to have to make sacrifices.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There is no way you can feed a family of 7 on $700 a month let alone pay rent. Something isn't right here, are you not counting SNAP & TANF benefits in that $700? And what is it that prevents you from earning more money? Since you homeschool your kids that should leave one adult free to go get a job, right?
SNAP is not income.

And we are clearly too wealthy for TANF.

And no.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:41 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,549,565 times
TANF has work requirements now. I just remembered that. Probably the kids are old enough wife is expected to work since not disabled.

Old 04-16-2017, 09:45 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Move to Minnesota, TANF for a family of 7 is $850. There might be a partial pass through of your $700 (VA pension?) You should already be getting SNAP benefits of around $917 a month. Minnesota isn't terribly expensive, rent a trailer or something in a rural part of the state. Here's a 3 bdrm mobile home for $490 a month. Unless one of you decides to get a job I doubt if you will be able to do better than that anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.