Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:07 PM

235 posts, read 330,869 times

Advertisements

Providence - it needs more of a young professional scene which also probably means it needs more white collar jobs. Other than that I love the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 11:19 AM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
Lebanon Ohio - end the sprawl.

Old 04-29-2017, 12:32 PM

1,801 posts, read 1,948,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Washington DC:

Needs to have an iconic shopping district downtown. There really is no 5th Avenue or Magnificent Mile in DC.
The closest for DC is M Street and Wisconsin Avenue in Georgetown, but the rest seems to be scattered, including parts of Penn Quarter, F Street, Connecticut Avenue, CityCenter, L'Enfant Plaza, and even Friendship Heights at the border with Maryland. This doesn't count Tysons, Montgomery Mall, Pentagon City, and other areas.

But for DC, some wouldn't agree, but FINALLY approve skyscrapers, as long as the Washington Monument remains the tallest. London is building them despite being European, as is parts of Milan near the train station, Rotterdam, downtown Manchester England, and others. I would still leave the current buildings that are eight-13 stories, but in order to preserve some of the residential neighborhoods surrounding downtown like Georgetown, Logan Circle, Shaw, Capitol Hill, and Dupont Circle, at least have some iconic buildings that.

Since I'm midway between DC and Baltimore, I'll also talk about that, and all I want to say is to CUT THE CRIME.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:48 PM

822 posts, read 856,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel84 View Post
Providence - it needs more of a young professional scene which also probably means it needs more white collar jobs. Other than that I love the city.

And we need to get some pot holes filled lol .... other than that I love the city as well.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:02 PM

210 posts, read 565,377 times
Chicago: weather, corruption, poverty.

Old 04-30-2017, 10:51 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,158,204 times
Detroit - rapid transit

Old 04-30-2017, 08:48 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Midland,Texas-better dating scene,better scenery and I would want the climate to be as hot as Arizona.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:58 AM

1,778 posts, read 2,883,210 times
Colorado Springs:

1. East/West mobility - A freeway or non-congested access to get from one side of the city to the other.
2. More and taller buildings downtown so it resembles a city of almost 500,000 people.
3. More non-stop destinations from COS airport (althought things are improving).
4. Repair homes along with a nice coat of paint in the older sections of town.
5. Clean up the trash along Fountain Creek that the homeless occupy as multi-family housing.
6. FIX THE POTHOLES!

Old 05-01-2017, 04:18 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,236,856 times
Default New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman7117 View Post
New York City

Can't pick one thing, so ill name a few.
Winter weather, the amount of annoying tourists, amount of annoying tree hugging liberals taking over Brooklyn/Queens, and obviously COL
NYC

Regarding NYC politics, leaving aside Liberals and Conservatives, I wish the people were more politically educated and understood and could tell the difference between a good strong Mayor like Ed Koch, Rudy Giuliani and Mike Bloomberg who understand how to keep a city running well long term then a weak bad one like De Blasio.

Long Island

The main problem with most of Long Island is being next to NYC, it has become overpopulated. If I could change anything I would have Long Island's population 25% smaller or so. The land would be permanently protected farmland or parkland. Still enough people to keep much of the stores, restaurants, businesses etc open but much less traffic and crowds.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:25 PM

822 posts, read 856,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar54 View Post
Colorado Springs:

1. East/West mobility - A freeway or non-congested access to get from one side of the city to the other.
2. More and taller buildings downtown so it resembles a city of almost 500,000 people.
3. More non-stop destinations from COS airport (althought things are improving).
4. Repair homes along with a nice coat of paint in the older sections of town.
5. Clean up the trash along Fountain Creek that the homeless occupy as multi-family housing.
6. FIX THE POTHOLES!
I think most of us could put number 6 our list lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.