Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which cities are the friendliest? (Vote for up to five)
Austin 23 38.98%
Houston 18 30.51%
Louisville, KY 15 25.42%
Cincinnati 3 5.08%
Indianapolis 5 8.47%
St. Louis 15 25.42%
Denver 15 25.42%
Nashville 21 35.59%
San Antonio 20 33.90%
Fort Worth 16 27.12%
Atlanta 16 27.12%
Charlotte 19 32.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:29 AM

6,339 posts, read 11,084,820 times

Advertisements

Agreed. I preferred the Post to the Enquirer. I just happened to run into an isolated jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 02:06 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm1986 View Post
Hmmm...apparently, people don't think Cincinnati is that friendly. I did go to the Northern Kentucky area yesterday. Maybe yesterday seemed quite depressing b/c of the dreary weather, who knows. Anywho, when I lived there five years ago, I remember that it was a fairly friendly place. Now, it's more of a mixed bag. I didn't think Florence, in particular, was a very friendly town at all--not rude, just that the folks are rather sour and expressionless. The service at the restaurant I ate at there was nothing to brag about, either. Oh yeah, I called up to NKY last week to inquire about a job, and the particular employer's rep was, to put it nicely, brash and arrogant. I guess enough "sour folks" have moved to NKY to, well, "sour" the place, and word has it that they're mostly moving over there from Cincy and Dayton.

I'll go back up there once more next week, as I am "re-scoping" the area to find new "singles-friendly" places to live. If it has changed as much as I think it has, then I will rule out the Cincinnati-N. Kentucky metro area...which would be sad , since I've ruled out and generally have a feeling of "bleech, I why would anybody live here for life?" with practically every place I've lived and visited in my native Kentucky.

Anywho, I've about ruled out Indy, St. Louis, and Denver. The "middle America" types of places aren't for me at all, the more I look into them.

So, I'll stick with the Southern and Texan cities, particularly the latter genre, as those are what I was considering in the first place. The more I think about it, I guess Kentucky is more of a "Southern lite" state and isn't Southern enough for me in terms of culture, hospitality, weather, and now educational and career aspirations...I can't wait to leave Kentucky! I am a friendly, outgoing individual and want to be around people in a place and culture that fosters that.

Good luck to ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.