Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:40 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I wouldn't call a 6"1' guard that put up 23.2 points, 5.5 assists and 3.9 rebounds a game last year "a reach". Those were Kemba Walker's numbers.

Andre Drummond did average a double double last year(13.6 pts and 13.8 reb) and led the league in rebounds the year before.

Tobias Harris is a decent 16 point a game/36% from 3 guy the past 2 seasons.

Dion Waiters is probably one of the best 6 men in the league in terms of getting buckets. J.R. Smith can be at times as well.

Faried is close to a double double for his career.

NC alone doesn't wash the Northeast though. What forwards/big men does NC have that match up even with the guys mentioned?

Keep in mind that I forgot about Karl-Anthony Towns too.

Anyway, I'd say in terms of support for a range of sports, Detroit is probably up there.
John Wall
Chris Paul
Steph Curry.

NC Players have mastered the PG position in a league that now focuses more on small ball. NC, Chicago and LA run the NBA. I like Kemba btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2017, 08:43 PM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
John Wall
Chris Paul
Steph Curry.

NC Players have mastered the PG position in a league that now focuses more on small ball. NC, Chicago and LA run the NBA. I like Kemba btw.
So, no love for Kyrie, Kyle or Kemba? If you look at the numbers, not much separates these players.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:32 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
So, no love for Kyrie, Kyle or Kemba? If you look at the numbers, not much separates these players.
Kyle is a Philly dude and all, so I have nothing but love for him, but he's not on the same level as Steph, Wall and Paul. This is the case whether we're talking natural ability or actual achievements on the court. Same goes for Kemba.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Kyle is a Philly dude and all, so I have nothing but love for him, but he's not on the same level as Steph, Wall and Paul. This is the case whether we're talking natural ability or actual achievements on the court. Same goes for Kemba.
If we look at achievements on the court, Paul and Wall still have verdict out on them as well in terms of team success. You could even say that teams Paul has been on have underachieved.

Kyle has at least gotten to the Conference Finals, while Paul and Wall haven't been there as of now. He doesn't have the individual accolades, but he can at least say that in comparison.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-11-2017 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,435 times
Football reigns supreme across the South, especially Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, etc., and especially COLLEGE FOOTBALL. I will give North Carolina to basketball, though, with the ACC (Atlantic Coast Conference) power houses of University of North Carolina, Duke, and North Carolina State. I would grant Mississippi, Tennessee, and Arkansas to the "football" camp, too. That said, my children and those of many people I know play little league BASEBALL, not football or basketball.

Old 09-11-2017, 10:41 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
football is boring. There's like 5 seconds of action then everyone resets.
I don't know why people make it sound like it's any more exciting than baseball.
And that doesn't happen with baseball?

Old 09-11-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
If we look at achievements on the court, Paul and Wall still have verdict out on them as well in terms of team success. You could even say that teams Paul has been on have underachieved.

Kyle has at least gotten to the Conference Finals, while Paul and Wall haven't been there as of now. He doesn't have the individual accolades, but he can at least say that in comparison.
Not even Raptors fans believe they belong in the same conversation.

Is Chris Paul any better than Kyle Lowry?!!

I'd be more inclined to take Rondo over Lowry TBH.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Not even Raptors fans believe they belong in the same conversation.

Is Chris Paul any better than Kyle Lowry?!!

I'd be more inclined to take Rondo over Lowry TBH.
I didn't say Lowry was better indivdually, but he has helped to lead a team to a higher level in the playoffs. I dare say Lowry may be a "tougher" guard though.

Rondo is nice, but in a certain situation. I think he benefitted from being on those Celtic teams that went to 2 Finals and won a Championship. Outside of that, the numbers and teams he's been on have been average dare I say at best. When he WANTS to play, he can be a problem though.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 09-11-2017 at 01:28 PM..

Old 09-11-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I didn't say Lowry was better indivdually, but he has helped to lead a team to a higher level in the playoffs. I dare say Lowry may be a "tougher" guard though.

Rondo is nice, but in a certain situation. I think he benefitted from being on those Celtic teams that went to 2 Finals and won a Championship. Outside of that, the numbers and teams he's been on have been average dare I say at best. When he WANTS to play, he can be a problem though.
The reason I'd be inclined to take Rondo is because the Bulls completely collapsed after he went down after leading Boston 2-0. He has a higher basketball IQ than KL and he's clearly a far superior floor general. KL is obviously a better scorer than Rondo, but that only matters if you value scoring first and foremost in a point guard.

Nonetheless, KL is clearly a couple of notches below CP3 and Curry, and probably a full notch below a far younger John Wall as well. We need to remember that KL is 30+ and just made his first All-Star team a couple years ago in a watered down Eastern Conference. This isn't to say he isn't a good player, but the reality is that nobody would be talking about him if he played in the Western Conference. I don't think he's a better player than Damian Lillard.

Old 09-11-2017, 03:06 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,954,514 times
I'm of the belief that a point guard that can set their teammates up and facilitate to take pressure off their teammates on the floor is the ideal point guard. That's honestly what separates LeBron James from Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard, and Anthony Davis. While all three can facilitate and set their teammates up, LeBron is elite at it in a manner the other three have shown they are not capable of matching. The Rondo versus Lowry thing also rings true as well.

Case in point: How much the Chicago Bulls needed and missed Rondo in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs after his injury.

Lowry's problem in the playoffs is that he becomes an iso-scorer and fails to get his teammates involved. In which case, his team begins to suffer from it. Rondo's only intended goal is to set his teammates up to make their shots.

Some guys like Stephen Curry bring value in a different way, because they play in a system that emphasizes ball movement. Kerr often goes to Draymond, Iguadala, and even Durant to play the role of facilitator at times. It relieves Curry and allows him to catch-and-shoot, which he's especially dangerous in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.