Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 07:40 AM

55 posts, read 76,509 times

Advertisements

I think there are only a few places in the USA that actually get 3 full months of each season. But most get all the seasons just the climate skew more warmer or cooler. I'm in Georgia and yes its generally warmer here, but we do get some 10's and 20's in the winter, and the opposite for Northern states in the summer yeah they will get some 90s and 100s. I prefer the milder shorter winter vs milder shorter summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 07:44 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,561,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I was talking to a friend of mine about this, but one thing I love about seasons is just how different they are year to year. Up in northern Minnesota they're already getting yellowing in the leaves, while its still very green here. Some years, the leaves take much longer to change, others, they change really quickly. It's exciting to see how soon they start. I don't want them to start too soon though, because that means they'll be gone too soon.
I prefer the Lake Superior Snowbelt areas over northern MN, a bit milder, but plenty of consistent lying snow throughout the winter season.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:15 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
One of the things I like about where I am in TN is that fall seems to slide in slowly. The early morning hours stay pretty cool all summer long (sixties, maybe low seventies) but as we get closer and closer to fall those cool morning temps stretch out further and further into the day. Right now we aren't usually getting into the eighties until sometime in the afternoon, and then it only lasts around four or five hours before cooling down again. Heaven

Old 09-06-2019, 10:51 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
One of the things I like about where I am in TN is that fall seems to slide in slowly. The early morning hours stay pretty cool all summer long (sixties, maybe low seventies) but as we get closer and closer to fall those cool morning temps stretch out further and further into the day. Right now we aren't usually getting into the eighties until sometime in the afternoon, and then it only lasts around four or five hours before cooling down again. Heaven
As I age even high 80s feels hot. I prefer low 70s as highs.

Old 09-06-2019, 02:55 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,134,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
As I age even high 80s feels hot. I prefer low 70s as highs.
I'm not real big on hot and humid stretches, but I still enjoy being in and around water, so I welcome some higher temps for a month or two. I'm too old to handle jumping into a 60 degree lake anymore, lol.

Old 09-06-2019, 07:24 PM

1,083 posts, read 1,035,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
I prefer the Lake Superior Snowbelt areas over northern MN, a bit milder, but plenty of consistent lying snow throughout the winter season.
That is not entirely mutually exclusive. Duluth and the north shore get enough sporadic lake effect from random easterly winds to get up to 80”+ annual snowfall. It isn’t UP or south shore WI snowy, but it is still a good amount.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Just came in from outside and there's definitely a cool feel to the air out there, which is a nice change here in NE Texas.

But it will still be 100 degrees at probably 4 pm today. Ugh. I would bet that today and tomorrow are the last days of the year to reach 100 and I sure hope so.

Old 09-07-2019, 06:51 AM

3,575 posts, read 3,074,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just came in from outside and there's definitely a cool feel to the air out there, which is a nice change here in NE Texas.

But it will still be 100 degrees at probably 4 pm today. Ugh. I would bet that today and tomorrow are the last days of the year to reach 100 and I sure hope so.
Cool feeling here, too. 59 degrees at 8am, and it will hit the low 70s at the peak of the mostly sunny afternoon. Our last 80 degree days were in August, and thank goodness they are gone for the year. July was hot this year, and it actually hit 90 degrees on one day. It has never hit 100 degrees here in at least the last 150 years, and hopefully never will.

Looking forward to more early fall weather (70s to 50s) for the next week. A few weeks before the first frost, and still over a month away from leaves starting to turn here. I love the constant cycle of change in the seasons.

Old 09-07-2019, 07:31 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSci View Post
Cool feeling here, too. 59 degrees at 8am, and it will hit the low 70s at the peak of the mostly sunny afternoon. Our last 80 degree days were in August, and thank goodness they are gone for the year. July was hot this year, and it actually hit 90 degrees on one day. It has never hit 100 degrees here in at least the last 150 years, and hopefully never will.

Looking forward to more early fall weather (70s to 50s) for the next week. A few weeks before the first frost, and still over a month away from leaves starting to turn here. I love the constant cycle of change in the seasons.
Not meant to flame you or Kat but I’m pretty sure most places are cool at 6 am

Old 09-07-2019, 07:37 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
It sounds wonderful. I live in SW Florida and I miss autumn the most. I loved those first cool mornings and then the smell of someone's fireplace and the leaves changing. The only colors that change here are the license plates from the snowbirds arriving. Our heat index yesterday was 107 degrees. We won't get a "cold snap" until October and even then it will only last a day or so and our daytime temperature will drop to about 80 instead of 95....

But then again when the rest of the country is dealing with blizzards, black ice, etc. we are having the most beautiful weather in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.