Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:29 PM

159 posts, read 172,363 times

Advertisements

Why not Pittsburgh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 01:57 AM

92 posts, read 73,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLawMan View Post
Why not Pittsburgh?
I associate it for Detroit-like horror stories for some reason...

Old 10-17-2017, 05:45 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Motor View Post
Tampa-Saint Pete is on the Gulf of Mexico! Well, that's all I have, in the way of accolades.
If you consider Cincy, keep in mind that it has a near-ghetto. I managed to drive through it on a dark night, accidentally.
I gotta say, it was spooky, and I don't spook too easily.
That's hardly a defining characteristic of the city. Much like saying as someone who drove through the southern third of St Pete at night.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:27 PM

159 posts, read 172,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriko88 View Post
You'd be completely wrong then.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:59 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,400,870 times
I think you're mostly mostly just a white person. I don't know how many people still draw lines between Irish, British, or French vs Polish, Lithuanian or Russian.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:40 PM

915 posts, read 1,505,924 times
Metro Detroit has a huge Eastern European population.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 AM

536 posts, read 639,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Cleveland has a lot of eastern Europeans but they are mostly slavs. There is a section of town called Slavic Village.
Bulgarians are Slavs...

Old 10-21-2017, 03:15 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
Since friendliness is so important to you I think you would like Milwaukee. I was born there and remember how friendly people are there. I read a study that found Wisconsin has the most extroverted people in the country.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:48 AM

3,298 posts, read 3,892,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriko88 View Post
The Rust Belt cities are Rust Belt cities. A couple of neighborhoods might have been revitalized but the city goes downhill once you leave those. The outlying burbs tend to be the best places to live.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 631 times
Currently live in Michigan grew up in Cincinnati. Found this while searching for info on Milwaukee.

Highly recommend Cincinnati. We have 2 major league sports teams (hopefully soon to be 3 for soccer). There are 3 great colleges with-in 30 minutes of each other. University of Cincinnati, Xavier University (private), & Northern Kentucky University all with excellent sports teams if you like that kind of thing.

In the City of Cincinnati schools will range from poor 'ghetto' areas to wealth white collar. The teaching programs in the poor areas are great (I know three teachers that work in the area), they say it's the most rewarding job and love giving back to their city. Since you mentioned business as well it does hold two major HQ - Kroger & Procter and Gamble

There is crime in Cincinnati any google search will tell you that. However several of the worst areas are in a gentrification period and are becoming some of the trendiest spots in the city (Look up over-the-rhine). I'm a mid 20 female and have never felt unsafe walking around downtown. Just don't be stupid. Which leads me to night life. Cincinnati has several hot spots for night life: OTR (over the rhine), Mt. Adams, Mt. Lookout, The banks, Newport (KY). It is also a rapidly growing craft beer scene. We just had a streetcar down town installed and there are plans on expanding it up the the University of Cincinnati Campus, as well as rumors for it to go across the river into Covington KY.

Rent can be pricy when looking down town. I prefered to live outside of down town - but with a close 15 minute drive. Cheaper rent can be found and quieter areas. Check out places like Kenwood, Deer Park, Covington(KY), Newport (KY).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.