Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city would be last on your list and why?
Portland,OR 7 4.46%
Salt Lake City,UT 19 12.10%
Albuquerque,NM 7 4.46%
Boise,ID 18 11.46%
Phoenix,AZ 37 23.57%
Oklahoma City,OK 35 22.29%
Omaha,NE 22 14.01%
San Antonio,TX 12 7.64%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:42 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times

Advertisements

FYI vegas, OU is in Norman, OK which is a suburb of OKC(though there is a small branch of the school of medicine in Tulsa), Tulsa is a different city and is a couple hours away, University of Tulsa is there, and OSU(both my parents went for bachelors) is in Stillwater. Just to let ya know . I would live in almost any of the cities listed, i've been to all except Phoenix(which i really wanna visit and I am going to this summer after moving to San Diego, on the way to visit family in Arkansas) and Omaha, (though i have spent time in NE)and i like all of them. I have a thing for OKC though because most of my family is from OKC. And i also love Portland because i love the Pacific NW, and its only second to Seattle in this area. Alb., Boise, and SLC are all great cities i have visited and would not mind spending some extended time in. Its been a while since i have been to San Antonio, but when i was there i enjoyed it. I dont care for NE very much( i have family there), so i would say Omaha would be the one last on my list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 12:28 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
FYI vegas, OU is in Norman, OK which is a suburb of OKC(though there is a small branch of the school of medicine in Tulsa), Tulsa is a different city and is a couple hours away, University of Tulsa is there, and OSU(both my parents went for bachelors) is in Stillwater. Just to let ya know . I would live in almost any of the cities listed, i've been to all except Phoenix(which i really wanna visit and I am going to this summer after moving to San Diego, on the way to visit family in Arkansas) and Omaha, (though i have spent time in NE)and i like all of them. I have a thing for OKC though because most of my family is from OKC. And i also love Portland because i love the Pacific NW, and its only second to Seattle in this area. Alb., Boise, and SLC are all great cities i have visited and would not mind spending some extended time in. Its been a while since i have been to San Antonio, but when i was there i enjoyed it. I dont care for NE very much( i have family there), so i would say Omaha would be the one last on my list.
Oops, I totally meant Norman... I knew that, but for some reason my fingers typed "Tulsa." Sorry... I just edited the post and fixed that.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:23 AM

655 posts, read 2,183,355 times
Omaha seems pretty bland. To me, there doesn't seem to be anything remarkable about it. I'm sure natives would beg to differ, but until I get to be there, I don't feel too guilty saying it.

Next, Oklahoma City.

The others I think I wouldn't mind living in. I guess my full rank (from wouldn't want to live in to would want to live in) would be as follows:

1. Omaha
2. Oklahoma City
3. Boise
4. Salt Lake City
5. Albuquerque
6. Portland
7. San Antonio
8. Phoenix

5-8, I could see myself loving in any of them. And they could go in any order here, really.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:23 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Oklahoma City is too flat for me. I need a horizon to look upon and I get tired of gridlocked streets. All the other cities are actually quite tolerable for me.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:56 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
No prob Vegas man, just tryin to be helpful!

Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 AM

1,225 posts, read 3,229,492 times
This was a hard one... it was a toss up between Oklahoma City, ABQ and Boise. I went with Boise and Oklahoma City.

Boise is nice, but too bland and isolated.

Oklahoma City was also bland to me- in spite of being a major metro area, the city just didn't have much of an urban feel. But I must admit that most of the people I met in Oklahoma were wonderful, warm and hospitable people.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:17 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,766,060 times
I said phoenix. Its jsut not the city for me. i hate not having four seasons, dry weather, sprawl with no trees esecially, non lush landscapes, etc. im sure the city has some of those in areas, but i need almost the entire place to be this way. I love to visit the SW us but SW us cities are just not my type. Everyone seems to hate OKC! I loved it! it was great!

Old 03-22-2008, 10:25 AM

3,340 posts, read 9,689,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
Omaha -- too flat, too far from the mountains, too cold in winter, and too small town.
O ya clearly the mountains have 70 degree temps in the winter and small town? We have 5 fortune 500 companies and one of the best zoos in the country. The following pictures are from this website

Rosenblatt Stadium, home of the CWS

Omaha's skyline by around 2012

Old 03-22-2008, 10:32 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,416,603 times
Go Ne - I love Omaha ... but I don't think Goozer meant to be insulting, he was just stating his opinion. Omaha isn't small town - but if you're from a much larger metro it could seem slow pace.

Anyway, what is that proposed building on the right? (The tallest one?)

Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 AM

1,197 posts, read 4,783,220 times
Who said Boise and Omaha are the 2 most un-urban major cities in the US?

I don't know about Omaha, but Boise is more urban than many on that list, it is a great city for its size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.