Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Rapidly Growing City/Metro most in need of Transit Overhaul
ATLANTA, GA. 32 34.78%
AUSTIN, TX. 23 25.00%
CHARLOTTE, NC. 5 5.43%
COLUMBUS, OH. 3 3.26%
MIAMI, FL. 11 11.96%
NASHVILLE, TN. 11 11.96%
ORLANDO, FL. 6 6.52%
SAN ANTONIO, TX. 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:36 PM

3,559 posts, read 2,356,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Just about every city in the U.S. could use a transportation overhaul.
Right! MTA in NYC is going through a crisis as we speak and congestion pricing might appear in NYC before any city in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 10:40 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,859,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm not sure what you mean when you say the roads and transit are "bad" in Atlanta. Care to clarify? And yes, transit in Atlanta is absolutely a step up from Nashville--which only has one commuter rail line at this point.
Atlanta should have better things than Nashville, Atlanta is a different type of city than Nashville. I still not a fan of MARTA sorry if it hurts your feelings. I apologize for that.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:29 AM

2,426 posts, read 2,449,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Atlanta should have better things than Nashville, Atlanta is a different type of city than Nashville. I still not a fan of MARTA sorry if it hurts your feelings. I apologize for that.
Let's just see what happens with this Light Rail bill in May since it has passed with the Metro Council. Hopefully it will pass and it will help improve some of Nashville Traffic Issues. Have to be honest, the current Metro Bus and the 1 Commuter Rail line currently in place isn't going to cut it for a City and Metro Area growing at the rate Nashville is. Its insane really. They are already in Campaign mode

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...may/315586002/

Old 02-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Let's just see what happens with this Light Rail bill in May since it has passed with the Metro Council. Hopefully it will pass and it will help improve some of Nashville Traffic Issues. Have to be honest, the current Metro Bus and the 1 Commuter Rail line currently in place isn't going to cut it for a City and Metro Area growing at the rate Nashville is. Its insane really. They are already in Campaign mode

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...may/315586002/

Another issue or question I kinda have about the Nashville Transit plan is will there be an overall plan to combat it's regional Traffic issues and not just with in Nashville-Davidson. The more I see the plan it seem's to be for Davidson County only while the entire Metro is sprawly and traffic ridden as well with a Metro / CSA knocking 2,000,000 at the door but I'm sure it has passed that mark by now in reality as crowded as it is. If this is looking at it from a Davidson County point of view only when it comes to Transit then Nashville is in just as much trouble as Atlanta in the very near future when it come to over all Traffic and Infrastructure.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:57 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,609,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Maybe because I'm more concerned with the well being of innocent people requesting truthful responses vs. those more concerned with shaking pom-poms and putting lipstick on a pig.

Take your pro-Atlanta agenda elsewhere.

Atlanta crime: How safe is MARTA?
"In 2015, for instance, among the four transit systems, only the Massachusetts system had a lower rate of violent crime. MARTA’s rate was about 30 per every 100,000 average daily riders the system has, the same as DC’s, while Massachusetts’ was 23. The San Francisco system, whose rider numbers are most comparable to MARTA, had a rate of 44, the AJC found."

What point are you trying to make? That MARTA is unsafe? You posted an article that compares MARTA favorably to other transit systems.

As for taking agendas elsewhere, you can do the same. You only pop up whenever you see an opportunity to kick Atlanta.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:58 AM

12,734 posts, read 9,376,175 times
I voted Austin. Horrific traffic for a city it's size. Atlanta sucks too, but it's a much bigger metro. I got around Nashville ok.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:28 AM

4,001 posts, read 3,219,341 times
Atlanta doesn't need an overhaul so much as it needs to extend and improve what it has.

Austin needs an overhaul.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Another issue or question I kinda have about the Nashville Transit plan is will there be an overall plan to combat it's regional Traffic issues and not just with in Nashville-Davidson. The more I see the plan it seem's to be for Davidson County only while the entire Metro is sprawly and traffic ridden as well with a Metro / CSA knocking 2,000,000 at the door but I'm sure it has passed that mark by now in reality as crowded as it is. If this is looking at it from a Davidson County point of view only when it comes to Transit then Nashville is in just as much trouble as Atlanta in the very near future when it come to over all Traffic and Infrastructure.

Does anyone in Nashville know full facts, or heard of talks on this from a regional stand point?

Old 02-08-2018, 10:48 AM

375 posts, read 316,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
I voted Austin. Horrific traffic for a city it's size. Atlanta sucks too, but it's a much bigger metro. I got around Nashville ok.
Nashville is much easier to get around now that all that construction is done. Woo Hoo with the five lanes each way on 40! I always think when driving there, why can't Austin do this!

Old 02-08-2018, 10:49 AM

37,796 posts, read 41,518,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Bless your heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.